shift lever/linkage

tisguy

i've been reading around g2ic.com and found that the DC (specifically DC2) shift level and linkage is a direct replacement to the DAs. so I started checking prices from OEM carriers, and was wondering does it matter what yea type r it comes off of? because the 00 ITR shift lever and linkage is almost 30% more than a 97 type r's. any ideas?

tisguy

yea that's what I'm thinking. but the price is still cheaper on the older type r. so should I just buy the 97 type R shift linkage then?

Winki

Undercover mod
wait wait wait LS really it's only the linkage and i think they are all the same.

if any thing maybe the R is stronger, just not something i would waste my money on

tisguy

i think mine is crapping out on me. it's having trouble shifting 1st, 2nd, and reverse. and there's some play while im in gear on the shifter. most of the posts from g2ic said it's the shift linkage, and it went to type r shift linkage with the type r shift lever for more controlled shifts and everything. so I figured if i did that with the polyurethane bushings i have from ES it should be a smoother drive.

Winki

Undercover mod
i never even heard of it till my buddys snaped one time, he took it to a shop and they fixed it it wasn't hard form what i'v heard, but he was having simular probs, had to drive for a day or 2 using only 3rd & 4th

tisguy

hmm alright, I guess I'll take it to my mechanic to diagnose first before I start ordering parts