Short shifter questions

bigbro6785

I recently put on a cheap short shifter i picked up off of ebay for about 20 bucks and to me it seems like the height of my knob sits about the same as stock and it didnt reduce the shift throw all that much. I was wondering if anyone here has a short shifter and if it sits lower than stock and significantly reduces the throw. Also, what brand is it and is it worth the money. Thanks

B16aTeggy

the nob sittin low dont make the throws shorter.. its the ball at the bottom and teh way the handle is ..

if u dont belive me.. come check out my stock.. that has about 2-3in cut off it.. still the same just harder to shift :|

SxySlammedTeggy

Most of the short shifters dont sit any lower than the stock shifter. I had a B&M short shifter in my old car and it sat lower and the throw was alot shorter... i would rather get the B&M than anything else i loved it. but i dont know if i wanna fuck up my sinkros(sp) just for a shorter throw between gears... :-|

bigbro6785

I just dont like the look of my shift knob sitting so high. I guess ill just leave it and spend my money where it matters.

B16aTeggy

size doesnt matter

(thats what iv been told)