Should I get coilovers

quickmr2

Hi Guys,
Just was wondering, I need to get new suspension for my car, and was wondering what ya'll think of coilovers? I have had KYB adjustable struts in the past, but wanted to look into getting coilovers. What is the ride like? My wife hated my MR2 because she said it was painful to ride in as a woman. So I guess it cant be super stiff ride. I would like it a little lower to the ground though. Is this possible? Do Coilovers have a real stiff ride? Also, what does it mean when it says "Spring Rate 355/250" and so on? If you guys can help me out that would be great. Thank you. :)

MACDOG

Baller, yo
I run coilovers on my daily, no issue at all. It's honestly about user preference. If you spend a little extra you can get the dampening adjustable ones also, so you can control the stiffness with just a twist of a dial. Coilovers give you the best drop IMHO. In regards to your question about the spring loads, they are preset stiffness setting from the factory. They can vary depending on what the customer wants. If stiffness is an issue to you, ask them for a comfortable street preload. And them you can do the minor tweaking yourself. Coilovers are great, they really enhance your daily driving, you won't regret it. :)