should I get leather seats?

01cleatus

What's up guys I was checkin out ebay and found a guy that lives in my city that is selling his leather GSR seats. Now I have an LS and was wondering if you guys think I should buy them. I have never had leather seats in any car that I have had. I have been in cars that have had leather seats but never owned one or has had family that has ever owned one. Are there any downfalsl to leather seats (maintenance) or anything for me to consider like comfort or anything like that. As dumb as this sounds I am actually serious. Its from his 01 GSR and they look good and they are for sale pretty cheap.

Todd

token ex-mod
i have leathers in my gsr, i wouldnt trade them for anything.... love them with a passion

MoJoJoJo

Banned
only thing i dont like about leather is they wrinkle and then crack and so forth, my are still new and i try my best to take care of them. but i sometimes get lazy and neglect it

Baldy201

Leather seats require more maintenance for them to last as long as a cloth seat. When you turn hard you can slide in your seat. But they are way more confortable than cloth seats in my opinion. I do not have leather seats in my teg but my mom has leather in her van. I like the feel of leather. It is also said that they 98+ seats are more plush than the 94-97 seats, idk if that is true or not.

01cleatus

nevermind

Thats what I hear that they are more plush. Well thanks for the info guys but when I got their the kid changed his mind on the price because he said he saw a pair on ebay go for 700 dollars plus shipping so he said he would sell them to me for 700. I literally laughed in his face. Because the original price he told me was like 150 bucks for the set.That was rediculous. :x Anways looks like for now I am not getting leather seats but I am seriously looking for some new seats.But thanks again guys.

Last edited:

BossPlaya510

i think dat LS cloth seats are the worst.. i get backachez if i sit in it fo too long.. i swaped my interior with GSR leather and its much more comfortable.. taking care of it isnt hard.. just get the leather wipes and use it everytime u wash ur car.. :thumbs up

SlyDC2

ehh i like my worn in cloth seats, its like that old comfy couch that you never wanna get rid of. leathers= burnt ass in the summer and frozen in the winter.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
my leather is is starting to have wrinkles, i only had it for couple months...i tell myself you kno just put that stuff on twice a week but i'm just so lazy..i've put it off for almost a month now. leather is annoying

ltrain

personally i have leather seats and i rather trade them for cloth rear seats and 2 racing seats in the front plus considering its a daily driver and when my daughter gets older (yikes crayons and sh&t) shes only 6 months now if anyone in NY wanna trade for some racing front seats and stock cloth seats in the back im intrested

DC2_Project

ltrain said:
personally i have leather seats and i rather trade them for cloth rear seats and 2 racing seats in the front plus considering its a daily driver and when my daughter gets older (yikes crayons and sh&t) shes only 6 months now if anyone in NY wanna trade for some racing front seats and stock cloth seats in the back im intrested
show me some pics and i might trade my cloth seats and some money for your leather

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I prefer cloth over leather. SlyDC2 hit it, leather's cold as f**k in the winter and hot as hell in the summer. Baldy hit it too, you slide around alot on leather, it has no grip. It also doesn't let your skin breathe in the summer, so you sweat and your thighs stick to the seat and get all irritated and itchy, if your wearing shorts especially. And it high maintenance compared to cloth to keep nice and in good condition.

01cleatus

Wow my thread came back from the grave.... :oops: but thats cool. Thanks for the input ladies and gentlemen. I actually like my cloth seats now and have actually changed my opinion on them since October when this thread was first posted. My friend has leather seats in her car and I see all the crappy mundane maintenance shit she has to do all the time to keep it in good condition. So for now I am keeping my stock seats and just saving money for engine mods and trying not to max out my credit card. But thanks again for looking at my thread. :thumbs up