Should I sell my teggy?

Boxy

Hey guys,

So I have a 2000 VSM DC4 teggy. Black cloth interior, no moon roof, but all other options were included. Power windows, steering, A/C etc.

Cons:
A/C doesn't work anymore, exterior could use a little touch-up paint (front bumper passenger side), auto, brakes screech for no apparent reason, bogus CEL code.

Pros:
Everything is stock, this car is pretty damn clean, at 107k miles. Engine runs perfectly, nothing wrong as far as I know.

I've got an offer for 4k on it, is it worth selling?
Again, 2000 VSM RS 'teg DC4 with 107k miles, and it's an automatic. Tell me if you think I should do it.

Alvi84

Get an Rsx Type S and never look back... sorry I just test drove one today and I am hooked. Check craigslist in your area to see what other teggies are selling for and what is your current financial situation... like will you be able to take the 4 grand and put that down on another car and get a loan for the difference or would you now just have 4 grand and have to search for another worthy worry free car?

Boxy

only if you're going to buy a 5 speed! 4000 is a pretty good price
Definitely getting a 5 speed! Haha I have my eye on a few cars in my area, thought they're not teggy's (sorry guys! :( teggy's aren't too common in VT). I've got my eye on a 1999 Silver BMW 528i going for 2.5k OBO, it's got 155k miles on it and had all maintenance done in the past year. I've seen it on the road once when I drove by, it looks good. But idk we'll see. I might look into a 1998 Prelude as well. Only reason I'm selling the teggy is the auto tranny, I know that shits gonna fail on me soon.

Get an Rsx Type S and never look back... sorry I just test drove one today and I am hooked. Check craigslist in your area to see what other teggies are selling for and what is your current financial situation... like will you be able to take the 4 grand and put that down on another car and get a loan for the difference or would you now just have 4 grand and have to search for another worthy worry free car?
If I had the money for an RSX Type S I'd definitely get it. And other teggy's are selling for BELOW that price, so idk haha. I'm hoping these buyers go through :) And I'd probably try and find another used car under 4k with the money I got. I'd like to save some for college and stuff, ya know?

Boxy

tell that person that you'll get the A/C fixed and ask him if they'll buy for $4.5k
Except I'm pretty sure the compressor is gone hahaha. I think they're gonna get it checked out by their mechanic and see what he says, if he comes out with a shitlist of problems they'll probably say no anyways.

Boxy

waitttt, I didnt even see who the OP was.... NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :cry:
Hahahah hey there cutie ;)

I know, I don't wanna sell either. But I just KNOW this automatic tranny is gonna 'cause me grief soon. And I'm starting to want a 5speed more and more. It's gotta happen. I just hope the deal works, but I'm thinkin' their mechanic is gonna call tons of bs on my car.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
hm.. okay, yes, sell it :) i thought you were tryin to get out of the game.. My apologies for not getting back at your message, I got busy :/

Boxy

hm.. okay, yes, sell it :) i thought you were tryin to get out of the game.. My apologies for not getting back at your message, I got busy :/
S'all good. Even if I don't get another 'teggy I'll keep you guys updated on my shit.

96GSRteg

Tyler
Definitely getting a 5 speed! Haha I have my eye on a few cars in my area, thought they're not teggy's (sorry guys! :( teggy's aren't too common in VT). I've got my eye on a 1999 Silver BMW 528i going for 2.5k OBO, it's got 155k miles on it and had all maintenance done in the past year.
e39's are expensive to maintain. well, i guess all bimmers are but its not going to be a money saver.

mdan9193

Mdan
Sell it if you don't like driving your car. If you do, keep it.

If you do sell it, get a 96-01 Audi a4 b5. Had one and their a blast. Until the engine died on me and was too expensive for another swap lol.

Boxy

@96GSRteg Yeah I suppose it would be a pain in the ass if anything ever went wrong with it. But its such a nice car :(

@mdan9193 I'm looking at A4's too, but they're expensive in my area and the ones that are affordable all have some kinda issue with 'em or are autos.

@superhypered Haters gon' hate.