simple breathing mods for gen 3's?

jdm_rsx

im talking about
short ram intake or cold air intake
headers
exhaust

which would of the above would help or increase MPG or gas mileage?

or just make it worst?

Nd4sped

they willl all help your MPG..its just your driving habits that will kill it.,.....They will all help because if you engine can do less work to produce the same amount of power then thats good...

94tegT3 turbo

No man, never go easy on the gas pedal. Unless you want to be like your parents. All those modifications would help on your MPG so do it up.

Nd4sped

Its up to you how you want to drives...Its gonna reflect how many visits you make to the gas station.

DownShift96GSR

It is true that they all help your MPG. When I first got my car, I was making 250 mi per tank. After the I/H/E, I was able to reach 310 mi per tank. It all depends on how you drive. Basically, if you got VTEC, stay out of it for good gas milage.

95teg

DownShift96GSR said:
It is true that they all help your MPG. When I first got my car, I was making 250 mi per tank. After the I/H/E, I was able to reach 310 mi per tank. It all depends on how you drive. Basically, if you got VTEC, stay out of it for good gas milage.
lol the way i drive i hardly see 200 on my trip with a full-tank.. but its time to change that, premium is getting expensive these days..

DownShift96GSR

95teg said:
lol the way i drive i hardly see 200 on my trip with a full-tank.. but its time to change that, premium is getting expensive these days..
For real on the Premium price. With me getting on my car, I'll see anywhere from 225-250 a tank.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
GSR's require 91 octane because they're high compression, non vtec Tegs require a lower octane because they have lower compression.

B16aTeggy

TegSox said:
GSR's require 91 octane because they're high compression, non vtec Tegs require a lower octane because they have lower compression.

why the fuck told u that bullshit?.. thats soooo NOT tru.. shit thats funny.. but no u DONT have to run 91actane.. whoever told u that should be kick in the nuts

Baldy201

B16- Do you own a GSR? On the gas door and in the owners manual it says Premium gas only, and premium gas = 91 octane. You can run less octane but you will have some severe long term consequences. So yes 91 octane is required.

XTurboAcuraX

oh dam i could not imagine a teg that needs premium. ok how bout this. i don't want to steel the guy's thread or anything, but whoever answers his question could also post what gas you use for the GSR if you have one. i would appreciate if you gsr owners do that as well. thanks.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
From the last page of my 1995 owners manual:

Upper left, read it and weep B16aTeggy. You should know what your talking about before you go running off at the keyboard. You have now exposed your ignorance to the rest of us and now we all know not to take anything you say seriously. Thank you.

Last edited: