Skunk 2 coil overs

Exodius

Hey guys i was just wondering are skunk 2 coil overs any good in lowering my ride? And a noob question but what exactly are struts :D . Thanks

Redline

yea i hear ppl say those are some good coilovers
i just ordered some bomz coiloves off ebay for like 73 buck with shipping and hadling
cuz my friend got some bomz for his civic and he said they are good. if u are low on money get some cheap once off ebay for right now, if money isnt too beig of a problem then get some brand name

Last edited:

lanojp1

^Not exactly the best advice in the world..

You get what you pay for with any car part, if you buy cheap ebay sleeve coilovers you are going to sacrafice the stiffness of your ride and will be bouncing all over the road..

skank2 coilovers are good when matched with an aftermarket shock like Koni's or Tokico Illuminas...

BossPlaya510

ya i agree w/ ^^^^.. if you get cheap coilovers. ur ride is going to be really bouncy... i have skunk 2z and they are good.. if u have money.. go for tein or ground controls.. just not dat stuff off ebay.. u'l regret it..

lanojp1

Exodius said:
Should i match em with tokico shocks or will the stock shocks sitll be fine?
ur stockers will hold up but not for long, eventually you will blow them out...

Exodius

lanojp1 said:
ur stockers will hold up but not for long, eventually you will blow them out...
ic .... i dont nkow too much about suspension. Also when ppl say struts do they mean shocks?