Some pictures of my DA after sitting for 8 years in the garage its finally done!

Jvest

*GET SHOOK*
not a fan of the wheels or bumpers but at least you stuck with it!!!
looks good, good job :D

Hondizzle

Dead beat
good thing they are not on your car then huh?

I bought them 8 years ago. i still like them although they werent exactly what i wanted.
i wanted these but they were no longer in production
I know right, I hadn't even noticed the body kit, talk about rice

Sent from my IPhone using tapatalk

durb69

I know right, I hadn't even noticed the body kit, talk about rice

Only problem with buying parts for your car when your 23 and waiting till your 31 to finish it is that everyone is all about stock and jdm, so what would have been concidered tastefully done 8 years ago is now concidered rice. At the time i was going for the least rice looking body kit i could find that was of very high quality, wings west sold this kit for 1400 bucks at the time. If i could only turn back time lol. I still like it though and could give two shits less if people cry rice.

durb69

rims

Since its out in the open that my rims are unliked, i was wondering your opinions on what kind of rim would look good on my car? next year i might get new rims and go back to a factory style front bumper. might being the key word here. I will keep both bumpers so i can swap back and forth as i see fit for a change now and then. 8)

I may not like the rims and bumper much, that's just my opinion, and as long as you like them it's all good. I do however think you have done a great job bringing her back to life. Very clean. Thumbs up.

Hondizzle

Dead beat
I'm foolin, but not really, its very need for speed, I've never been a fan of body kits, or large flashy rims, but more power to you, old skool mesh enkeis get some sidewall

Did you do your own paint it looks clean as hell and nice install very flush, did you have to do much editing to get it fitted

Last edited:

durb69

I'm foolin, but not really, its very need for speed, I've never been a fan of body kits, or large flashy rims, but more power to you, old skool mesh enkeis get some sidewall

Did you do your own paint it looks clean as hell and nice install very flush, did you have to do much editing to get it fitted

my plan back in the day was to make the car look nicer than stock but still be really clean and not too rice. nowadays its pretty friggin ricey. but whatever thats kind of a given. i like it and thats all that maters. but as far as the body work goes my father and i did all of the body work together as a team, then he primed it, i sanded and prepped it for paint, then i took it to the best painter in our whole region to have him spray it for me. I payed for all of the materials. guess what he charged me to paint it? $50 effing bucks!!! i gave him a $100 cause i felt super guilty. he did a bang up job. my dad sprayed the wing and the mirrors a few weeks ago for me at work. the painter did such a good job i didn't even have to wet sand and buff it. zero flaws in the paint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and in response to the automatic transmission. I plan on doing a manual swap next year. im just so freaking glad i have my integra back. i missed the goddamned shit outta her

hgocasca

level 77 troll
I'm not knocking you about the trans lol, just wasn't expecting it, when you do the conversion, be sure to do a thorough write up if you don't mind, just to show some of the rookies how it's done.

durb69

heck yeah

I'm not knocking you about the trans lol, just wasn't expecting it, when you do the conversion, be sure to do a thorough write up if you don't mind, just to show some of the rookies how it's done.
oh i know man its all good. Yeah when i do the swap i will deff document it all. i will do a build thread. The thing is, is that when i do the swap i will prolly do some work to the motor while i am at it. i don't think i would do a wire tuck or anything but i would clean up the engine bay and re paint it. as far as the motor goes i don't think i would build it up too much. Something simple and worth while would be good for me. :)

I remember the day i saw the car on the side of the road for sale i was like WOW what kind of car is that?? Thats really sexy. and i called the owner to take it for a test ride and i got in the car and was like WHAT? AUTO?? argh!! but after driving the car i loved it and had a few other auto cars before so i was like well this car is too sweet to pass up just because its and auto. So there ya go. thats how it all began lol.

oh and the day i saw the car i was on my way to buy parts from pick n pull for my incredibly crappy 1990 six speed chevy cavilier. That thing was a total pile of crap but i loved it ha ha!