some weird ass shit happened tonite!!

db1love

soo, i let the car warm up and everything was runing fine, i was sittin at a light and i turned my wheel to the left and the idle jumped like 300rpm, and i didnt think it really happend so i turned the wheel the other way and the idle jumped up a little again, soo wtf is that about?? i turn my wheel and the car revs a lil??why is that??

NorthEndGhost

if you have power steering, when you turn the wheel it puts a little drain on the motor at low rpms... the pump is sending fluid through the lines to make the wheel eaised to turn. You don't notice it under normal operating levels, I think you're fine...

db1love

dammwell thanks my dood, i was hella wonderin because ive never felt that before, do you think i should just pull the power stearing??

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
thats normal man, every car ive owned has done that

db1love

ive never noticed it, ohh and my idle is at like mayb 700rpm, it seems low , might even be lower than that, wats average??

Rich-PMS

Just like if you're idling and turn the ac on- does the same thing

NorthEndGhost

i think power steering helps if you're in the city scene parallel parking & whippin it real quick, but i don't really like how much play the wheel has at 70+... it doesn't bother me enough to delete it tho, but it's a personal prefrence. delete that shit if you don't llike it & my car idles 800-900 rpm:thumbs up

uso_Dc

normal idle should be around 750 to 900 and the powersteering is like that on these cars. but i always take mine off i dont like it.

Alvi84

how do i adjust idle??
There is a nut on the throttle cable that can be loosened/tightened to decrease/increase your idle. It is a 10mm bolt. Make sure to start your car and allow it to get to operating temperature before setting idle. I believe the book tells you to set idle at 850rpm. That's what it says under the hood of my car.