somebody school me on this VC lol

dlo253

Put it in this section, since I am "detailing" it... forgive me if thats wrong Haha. But, maybe I'm kinda tired.. but what's the deal with this vc. The ground 'post' is on the back of it???? And the one in front like, isn't drilled or tapped. Forgive the noob moment. Wtf is this thing off of? Its the one that said "Honda motor Co" with no emblem. School me real quick, I must be trippin.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
That's an OBD1 LS vc, looks like that hole for the grounding wire has been plugged up :what: you can use it on the back hole and use that to ground it to the chassis :thumbs up

dlo253

Yeah, looks like Honda forgot it... Haha. Yeah ill do that or drill and tap the front and cut off That part maybe. It just threw me off Haha.

dlo253

Yeah, I should have left out the Wat is it for. Worded that way wrong. Wasn't sure if this specific style came in anything particular. Cuz my 92 ls has the Honda emblem as well, and the hole up front for the ground. Lol

mirrorimg

Ground it using the closest stud, unless you have that copper braided wire that extends from that hole to the stud. If you try grounding it to that hole, you arent actually grounding anything. Since the VC has a rubber gasket underneath of it, it doesnt make any connection with the engine.