SPOON VS. Turbo

socalgsr33

ok, So ive got an inside deal on spoon engines. But i cant deside wether i should go with a B18C spoon or a turbonetics stage 2 turbo kit. This may or may not be a daily driver because im have a 1996 gsr also. what is gonna be the better choice?

misplacedcivic

since you have 2 cars, you're only 17, and obviously have rich parents, why not get both? turbocharge the B18C spoon engine

socalgsr33

actually i bought both cars cash. my parents dont help with car stuff. so the money is comming out of pocket.

misplacedcivic

ok whatever. i'd recommend a spoon engine, at least for now. it'd be different than most everybody considering the fact that there are no doubt MANY turbocharged integras

DownShift96GSR

misplacedcivic said:
ok whatever. i'd recommend a spoon engine, at least for now. it'd be different than most everybody considering the fact that there are no doubt MANY turbocharged integras
Agreed. All motor sounds sweet, but then again, so does a BOV.

DownShift96GSR

Todd said:
i'd recommend you use the search button or :google:
Hey, I think I forgot what this site was for. When I first registered I thought it was a site for us to help each other on things? Give our thoughts and suggestions on stuff. Not to tell people to do it themselves. I mean yeah I understand that people should take the initiative to research themselves, but does that mean we can't tell them ourselves instead of being an ass about it and telling people, "YOU NEED TO SEARCH OR USE GOOGLE"? I mean come one, I thought we were supposed to share information here.

Todd

token ex-mod
this is the 5th time this has been asked this week....... which means it's already been answered atleast 5 times...... it's a clone thread and completely useless.... if he would have spent 3 minutes searching he'd have an answer.

this is good advice for the future for everyone... if you cant find it with the search button and you cant find it with google, then you ask... it's the best way to find info..... and most forum boards arent as tollerant as this one. most would have locked this thread by now....... but this is not most places...

Last edited:

socalgsr33

Todd said:
this is the 5th time this has been asked this week....... which means it's already been answered atleast 5 times...... it's a clone thread and completely useless.... if he would have spent 3 minutes searching he'd have an answer.

this is good advice for the future for everyone... if you cant find it with the search button and you cant find it with google, then you ask... it's the best way to find info..... and most forum boards arent as tollerant as this one. most would have locked this thread by now....... but this is not most places...
sry about that guys.... my bad....i accidently double posted.

DownShift96GSR

Todd said:

You know Todd I've come to the conclusion that you complain too much. You want to represent this site and you want it to grow, yet you complain about the people on here and how its being run. Do you see anyone else here complaining? No, you don't. So whats that tell you Todd? Obviously the people on here like the site the way it is.

xboost

hey hey I THINK WE'RE FORGETING WHAT THIS SITE IS ABOUT......ALL OF YOU .......we are here to help...no matter what!!!!!!! but people can do there own searches.....but leave todd alone he does rep the site and does it good theres a big responable there that you don't see.....you think you can do better????? what have you gave to the site...?????? now lets all just get along,,,be happy remember what were here for the import community for the love, sport, curture and most important INTEGRAS ..... were a brotherhood of integras, helping each other build our dream rides and that mean no fighting amoung us..

ForceFed

...Relapsed
i wouldnt reccomend a turbo, unless you want to drop alot of money into the engine

Last edited:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I say the Spoon. I can already see what will happen. You get the turbo kit, then a boost controller then you blow the engine up. Not just sayin that to be a dick, it happens a lot. Spoon will be more reliable.

Curious as to why the Beast crate engine isnt in the picture. Gsports crate engine

Block: Dart B18
Head: New B18C1
Bore: 84.5mm
Stroke: 89mm
Rod Length: 140.8mm
R/S Ratio: 1.58:1
Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
Intake Valve Size: 34mm
Exhaust Valve Size: 28mm
Valve Springs: Dual
Cam Gears: Unorthadox Racing Ultra T
BHP: 270 @ 7800
Torque: 185 ft-lbs @ 6000
Warranty: 12 month, 12k limited warranty

ltrain

force fed are u running stock internals on your boosted teg? and whats the deal with the trade