Spray Painting my car.

Drifter3000

Integra FTW!
I know you guys are all going to say this is a dumb thing to do. But its my car and I really can't stand looking at my scratched and fading red paint anymore. Im looking to spray paint the entire car a flat black color and was wondering if I could only achieve this with primer? Or is there a spray of flat black. And to keep the flat color, I cannot put any clear coat on, correct??

mirrorimg

For the last question, if you put clear over it, it will no longer be flat. It will be glossy. And if you do decide to paint it flat, you cant wax it. I dont think rattle can cars look appealing at all, and doubt it would last too long. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Drifter3000

Integra FTW!
Well this is going to be my first Integra. And its more like a test car, lol. I eventually plan on buying a GSR and doing a JDM front swap. So for this, I just think it will be fun to tape up the car and paint it myself. And even if it doesn't last long, all i'd have to do is re spray it.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
buddy of mine painted his car flat black for 25 bucks including primer. lol

if you sand it, primer it, and spray it, it could work out. his didn't look to bad. didn't peal while he had it either

Drifter3000

Integra FTW!
buddy of mine painted his car flat black for 25 bucks including primer. lol

if you sand it, primer it, and spray it, it could work out. his didn't look to bad. didn't peal while he had it either
Thats exactly what I was planning on doing. Im not lazy, and I can't wait to sand down the whole car and paint it. So Im going to bondo it and de-badge it and spray it. Its gonna look tight. Im kinda looking for a beat look. Like 240's, I think they look badass in flat colors. I hate seeing 240's in fancy paint, lol. I just have to wait for it to get warmer out. Does temp matter when spray painting a car? And so I need to sand it, primer it, and then spray it. So should I buy a dupli flat color spray? Im prolly not making any sense, but what Im trying to figure out that primer is flat, but there is also a flat spray that goes on top of the primer?

Integra617

Chirp from 1st to 3rd!
Thats exactly what I was planning on doing. Im not lazy, and I can't wait to sand down the whole car and paint it. So Im going to bondo it and de-badge it and spray it. Its gonna look tight. Im kinda looking for a beat look. Like 240's, I think they look badass in flat colors. I hate seeing 240's in fancy paint, lol. I just have to wait for it to get warmer out. Does temp matter when spray painting a car? And so I need to sand it, primer it, and then spray it. So should I buy a dupli flat color spray? Im prolly not making any sense, but what Im trying to figure out that primer is flat, but there is also a flat spray that goes on top of the primer?
When I got my new front bumper it was green.So I sanded it and painted it flat black with a Rustoleum can which I bought at Home Depot. Idk i'm not really a big fan of dupli color cans.I'd only use them if I was painting my valve cover because they have one that can withstand heat.Friend of mine has his hatchie painted flat black(spray paint). . And i think it looks sick.And i'd try to paint it on a warm day.When it's really cold outside the spraypaint can likes to act up.