Squeaky Clutch?!?!?!

green9088

Will the mastercylinder cause a squeaky noise when engaging and disengaging it if it is leaking. If not what do you all think it can be?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Sometimes its caused by a bad TOB. Sometimes its lack of lubrication on the contact points of the TOB.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Most likely the clutch bearing and/or it wasn't greased properly and is wearing the bearing slide.

Nick_C78

Wait...do you mean the pedal is squeaking? Or is the sound from the engine bay.

green9088

It sounds as it is coming from the engine bay. And the cmc seems to be a little leaky inside at the pedal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick_C78

Then likely the throw out bearing like that said. Or it needs to be gelreased, however if you take it off to grease it you might as well replace it. So end result is the same.

green9088

I don't know it seems to be right at the opposite side of the firewall by the clutch pedal. I ordered the cmc and we will see if that helps. It was only 25 ish buck.

But keep the ideas coming

Nick_C78

Uhhhhh I hiiiighly recommend oem master cylinder. Remans suck. I had an autozone. One that was bad out the box.

green9088

I got exedy, I am going to assume they make a quality cmc. Considering their clutches are pretty legit

Nick_C78

Exedy makes a lot of stuff for oem companies. So its a safe bet. Just making sure you didn't get duralast, valuecraft, etc.