Stage 2 Camshaft Choices: B18C5

Jeffbel

Kinda off subject but how do you identify what cams you have if there's only one letter on each.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Honestly I'd have to look up. The way I knew my cams were b16 and not ctr is I measured the vtec lobe. B16s are a bit smaller

drevans_satx

Dylan
I think I'm going to go with tuner stage 2 cams for a few reasons:
-Cheaper
-As a DD, they're easier on the valvetrain and mpg's
-I'm no tuner, but from my readings iv'e figured it takes more to tune the pro1's
-I'm on a stock compression... :/
-My engine is pretty much stock aside from the cams and supporting mods for them

drevans_satx

Dylan
I would consider pretty much anything lol. I'm just looking for real world experience as well. Seeing as over 9,000 people run Skunk2, it's got a lot of reviewing.

96LSteg

Jemel
True well idk much s2 cams cost but I know that BC STAGE 2s are like $350 shipped (for my LS. Idk about your aRR). And from what I have read on other forums (like HT and TI) they are pretty aggressive stage 2 cams.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

drevans_satx

Dylan
True well idk much s2 cams cost but I know that BC STAGE 2s are like $350 shipped (for my LS. Idk about your aRR). And from what I have read on other forums (like HT and TI) they are pretty aggressive stage 2 cams.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
See I like the price of the BC cams a lot lol. I'll defiantly have to look into them more.
What I like about the S2S2 is that out of vtec it's just a bit peppier than stock, but in vtec is where the power is. Meaning it's easy to tune the idle and If I keep my foot out of it I can still get my good mpg's

OneFastGSR

Hey man give Humble Performance a call. Got Rocket Motorsports M24XX Cams in stock. (If you want rocket motorsports cams)

Humble Performance
8117 E. 48th St. Tulsa , OK 74145

drevans_satx

Dylan
Oh crap I didn't even know people still had RMs stuff anymore lol.

I was talking to the P.O. of the car today and he was gonna drop in Buddy Club Spec 3+ cam like a week before, but then ended up selling it to me....man...

Local

i run pro1's on nearly the exact same compression as a stock c5. i made 185/128 on a dynojet. theyre okay.. there is definitely more to be had- but thats what i made. they dont have that beautiful vtec crossover that the tuners or OEM cams have, but theyre powerful mid range. with a little higher comp the pro2's would provide a very nice gain over the pro1's.

If I had to do it again I would up my comp & go with those, or may look for some tuner 2's or 3's.. but at nearly the same price brand new its really all up to you. the pro's do eat up valve train a bit more on a DD but should be replaced anyways.

drevans_satx

Dylan
i run pro1's on nearly the exact same compression as a stock c5. i made 185/128 on a dynojet. theyre okay.. there is definitely more to be had- but thats what i made. they dont have that beautiful vtec crossover that the tuners or OEM cams have, but theyre powerful mid range. with a little higher comp the pro2's would provide a very nice gain over the pro1's.

If I had to do it again I would up my comp & go with those, or may look for some tuner 2's or 3's.. but at nearly the same price brand new its really all up to you. the pro's do eat up valve train a bit more on a DD but should be replaced anyways.
Great insight!! Thank you!
I like S2T2 because they retain an almost stock like feeling and the crossover is insane. This is my first choice cam.
My second choice was the Buddy Club Spec 3+ cam. per the P.O. When he had the car our tuner was saying the BC3+ and larger injectors could hit 215hp on my setup.

My worry with the BC3+ is the valve train abuse, and fuel economy (I do DD my teg)

drevans_satx

Dylan
I wish I had the compresion to back up a cam like the Pro2 etc, but I really want to keep the bottom end stock. If one day I have to replace my valves I'd snag some flat faced valves and bump it up a tad bit though.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
If youre economy minded then get a tuner series cam or something similar with a mild low cam. Be sure to choose according to either current bolt ons/mods or planned additions in the near future that support the cam profile.

drevans_satx

Dylan
If youre economy minded then get a tuner series cam or something similar with a mild low cam. Be sure to choose according to either current bolt ons/mods or planned additions in the near future that support the cam profile.
Yes. This.
That's why my initial choice was Skunk2 Tuner Stage 2. It's compatible with what I have now and it has room to grow, not that I'll do much more.
Me being the penny pincher I am, I'm always looking for a deal or a smaller company with a cam almost identical, just as durable, but cheaper due to not having label tax.