Suggestion: Archive

g3teg97

Super Moderator
With our site growing more and more I think it's important that the new members can find information easy. The main problem I see now is that we're getting a million questions on intakes, exhausts, tires, wheels, bumpers, etc., etc. :evil: I know we have "stickeys" but once we get a lot of threads they'll be too many.

Maybe we should have a new section titled archives and have exterior, interior, engine, suspension.

I'm not sure on exactly how this would work out, but what are you guy's thoughts on this?

96 LS

i think its a good idea..and how about a how-to section?

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
4door_JayDM said:
that's actually not a bad idea g3...but somehow either way i think it'll end up to how it is currently
i think he means that the newbs will still ask those questions ne ways but i think that its a great idea

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
That's a good idea. At least when someone asks the usual "cai vs. sri" or "which exhaust should I get" questions, there would be somewhere we can send them. Instead of having to remember talking about it in the past and then searching to go find the exact thread and link it for them, or telling them to just search (which they should do anyway, but it's a turn off to be told to do that).

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Yeah...I don't want us to become like TI and just yell "SEARCH" all the time and be dicks about it. Maybe I'll work on a directory thread in suspension and have everything to do with it. For example, the suspension directory thread will list threads of pics, threads of shocks, springs, etc. Maybe something like this?

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1387968

1990TeGLs

Official CI Thread Jacker
thumbs up to this...and im kinda sick of seeing that what kinda intake u have thread...no offense to whoever made it but it keeps coming up damnit

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Well, when the same topic has been covered again and again, there's no need for 20 threads on what exhaust should I get.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
a DIY section is a good idea, and a BASICs section aswell. basics as in i/h/e, thread with video clips of which exhuast sounds like, or pics of intakes and etc... just the basics

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
MoJoJoJo said:
a DIY section is a good idea, and a BASICs section aswell. basics as in i/h/e, thread with video clips of which exhuast sounds like, or pics of intakes and etc... just the basics
i agree! one thread for all pics and videos of the basics. that way people can just browse the thread and listen to videos instead of asking the same questions over and over

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
T-I also has somethin like that, a Newbie section with all the basic info, but we all know not everybody is going to read it soooo if someone makes a threat that has been made a thousand times just delete it and route them back to the newbie section, I know more work for u but if you keep at it will diminish just like the 50 post rule, that one is working just fine :D