sunroof won't close

90tegwhite

Keep Droolin' Im Spoolin'
i have a sunroof in my 90 gs... problem is it will open but it won'r close??? any suggestions... checked all the fuses and there all good

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
There's a motor that actually opens it and closes it. Could be that/a relay with that that failed. I don't own a gen2 though, so I'm sure someone can chime in.

90tegwhite

hopefully... i just bought her playing with the sun roof and now its wide open and won't close :(

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
Check the motor.

Remove the headliner, there's should be a few 10 or 12mm bolts holding the motor in place. Remove those and then there's cables if I remember correctly that actually move the glass back and forth.

I'd see if the motor is getting current before you remove it though.

90tegwhite

Check the motor.

Remove the headliner, there's should be a few 10 or 12mm bolts holding the motor in place. Remove those and then there's cables if I remember correctly that actually move the glass back and forth.

I'd see if the motor is getting current before you remove it though.
i think ill wait for my shop manual to come before i just start taking the headliner out

90tegwhite

TIP!!! don't take the headliner out... just pop out the switch take it apart and clean it be careful of the little parts inside, clean it put it back together and it worked for me

01FTW

Put a tarp over it an call it good.

zachzacharyzak

Just a tip there is a manual screw for the sunroof on the headliner above the rear seats. Just pop the plug out and twist it with a 12mm i think it was.