Super Sexy Slammed: Helpful Hints/Tips

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
ohhh. i didnt click the link and just saw grid 16x8 and thought of the offroads. nevermind then.

Posted from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk.

pinkley

b@115D33p
i guess this is a noob question but here it goes. im running eibach shocks with skunk2 springs and sleeves. the sleeves are bottomed out front and back. the front tire is tucked just like i like it but the rear still sits up about 1/2-1" higher? should i get different shocks or springs or????? i want my car to sit even front to back.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Some name brand coilovers and ebay extended top hats, springs are hit or miss sometimes, its hard to gauge if they are going to look good

j13

Keep It Clean
i guess this is a noob question but here it goes. im running eibach shocks with skunk2 springs and sleeves. the sleeves are bottomed out front and back. the front tire is tucked just like i like it but the rear still sits up about 1/2-1" higher? should i get different shocks or springs or????? i want my car to sit even front to back.
I had this problem, I jut removed the rear sleeves so I'm riding on short springs. I lost an extra 1/2" the locking collars gave me, so it's no gap at all. I'm the running Honda OEM struts.

j13

Keep It Clean
those top hats are narrow inside is strut makes contact it would be metal to metal

those ebay top hats come with some strong rubber bump stumps, i was impressed
You know those rubber bushings that are in the OEM top hats? I'm using those for bump stops haha I have alot of extra different suspension parts, so I made use of them. No more wheel rubbing when I go up driveways! If I wanna go lower in the front I'll need to bang in that inner lip.

pinkley

b@115D33p
I had this problem, I jut removed the rear sleeves so I'm riding on short springs. I lost an extra 1/2" the locking collars gave me, so it's no gap at all. I'm the running Honda OEM struts.
I never though of that! Lol ill have to do that when I get some time to mess with it.

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
Charly[horse];1044900 said:
Have you gotten these on yet? I am thinking about going with the ebay top hats because I don't wanna drop so much on the GC top hats
I havent gotten them on yet. I was going to install them today but I lost one of the bushing pins for the koni's. I had to order a new one from Koni since I couldnt find any that would fit locally. I did manage to roll my fenders, hammer down my pinch welds and cut the portion of the liner that went over the weld. Just need to wait for my new pin.

Flopez76

Alright well I'm running into a problem, I have a 95' Integra lowered on Eibach springs and my tires rub when ever I turn. They rub against the inner wheel well which you can see from the picture. Well the car is sitting on some Fat 5s and the tires are 195/60/15, so I'm going to go ahead and say that the tires are too big, right? And a tire like some 205/50/15 shouldn't rub, right?

IMG_1230 by Flopez76, on Flickr

Alright, now for the being slammed questions; I was thinking about going with some F&F Type 1s or should I just save up and get some Koni/GCs? Yes, I know many people don't like F&F, but then again many people do like them. And also I think it'd be better since I'm not really going to be tracking the car and it'll be a DD with a little go every now & then. And as for wheels, I was thinking about getting some 16X8s, not sure about the offset? And maybe with some 205/40/16?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
yes and yes.

as for offset, are you looking to flush? or just want something wider? you could go with a 16x8 +20 or +25 without having to do much modification to not rub. and a 205/40 will give it a mild stretch depending on tire brand.

=always on my iphone=

Flopez76

Yeah, I'm looking for the flush look, what would you suggest to get that look? Not trying to get something like 0 offset, that's just too much for me. And for modifications I'm going to roll the front fenders, hammer down that seam in the middle of the wells, and for the rear I'm going to cut out that part. From reading every page of this thread, that would be the right route.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
glad someone is doing homework :thumbs up

did you learn about what tire size to go with?

=always on my iphone=

Flopez76

Hmmm, well I read that 205/40 would be good and 195/40 would work also. From what I've seen other people using and read those two work well, right?