Supercharged H22A in a G3 a good idea?

Nd4sped

The engine weighs a bit more so I would re-look into your suspension setup. Also its gonna cost a arm and a leg to drop since you will need spindles, wire harness, engine mounts and CV shafts...there are a few other small things but that pretty much sums it up...

I'd do it...H22A4 is a bad ass engine with tons of potential....My Rudy Huges that was in the ARMY with me had a Supercharged 2000 'Lude and that bitch hauled major ass...He had a few other things, but still that car was fucking fast.

hadjie85

i came so close to buyin my bro in law's 98 lude, but it was too steep a price for me. we raced the other day and i took him. it was close, but i took him. the tachs in the cars are quite different -- i can stay in gear a grand longer and he doesnt get vtec until 5400 rpm, and i get mine at 4500. so pretty much every time he shifted i pulled farther away.

pretty good for him, tho, cuz its a slapshift and all he has in there is the short ram AEM intake i bought him...

dumbasbricks04

blackgsr said:
me and 1 of my freinds did a h22 swap in a 92 4door & its all stock but a short ram cai & he runs low 11 or high 10s.somthing has 2 be wrong with the motor.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
sorry man but there is no way in hell i believe that its just not logical
my dad ran 10s with a 65 gto with over 400 horsies and my brother in his 92 cx hatch GUTTED with a stock b18b1 full exhaust and intake is only doing low 14s
lets see the slip

hadjie85

blackgsr said:
its all stock but a short ram cai & he runs low 11 or high 10s.somthing has 2 be wrong with the motor.
never heard of a short ram cold air intake. maybe its new. i know you can attach an extension onto a short ram to get a cold air, but i dont think thats what you meant.

and if the car is running 10 and 11 second quarter miles, how do you figure something is wrong? do you not want to run low times? (if you really are running those times...)

blackgsr

no

hadjie85 said:
never heard of a short ram cold air intake. maybe its new. i know you can attach an extension onto a short ram to get a cold air, but i dont think thats what you meant.

and if the car is running 10 and 11 second quarter miles, how do you figure something is wrong? do you not want to run low times? (if you really are running those times...)
no somebody said they were runin 12s & it should be better if the car is gutted.& no its in the 1/4 & i ment a short ram.ok

hadjie85

meh, the treatment matches the original post... :shock:

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
Ok, first, its not as heavy as everyone thinks it is. id say its about 50 lbs heaver. which isnt much. just get some stiffer springs up front, Ground Control coilovers let you choose whatever spring rate you want for each corner. i personally got 500 in front and 400 in rear. good street setup. if i were to drop in the H22/3, i would probably get 600-700s in the front.

also, its a lot of modification. i suggest finding what shops have done it before. unless you have another car, and a lot of welding experience, i dont suggest trying it yourself.

other than that, its lots of power. i suggest turbo if you do it