Swapping spoilers

systmdfect

Hey this may be a stupid question, but i am new to working on my own car, after years of getting overcharged by shops anyway. I have a stock '94 LS and have the spoiler with the brake light on it. I wanted to swap it out for a type-R spoiler with no light. I can get the screws off (i may be new but not entirely stupid), but then there are the wires running from the spoiler to the car. How do i disconnect the wires and from what? spoiler or car? and what do i do with them?

Thanks for any help for a newbie!!

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
systmdfect said:
Hey this may be a stupid question, but i am new to working on my own car, after years of getting overcharged by shops anyway. I have a stock '94 LS and have the spoiler with the brake light on it. I wanted to swap it out for a type-R spoiler with no light. I can get the screws off (i may be new but not entirely stupid), but then there are the wires running from the spoiler to the car. How do i disconnect the wires and from what? spoiler or car? and what do i do with them?

Thanks for any help for a newbie!!

yeah open your trunk look at the 4 nuts holding the spoiler down .. their should be 4 circlers 2 on each side if the spoiler is stock the holes will be good to go for your type r spoiler .. also just cut the break wire going to the light and cap them with black tape of those electrial wire caps that you crimp on witha crimping tool :) dont forget to use doubble sided tape on the bottom of your type -r spoiler ... and dont bolt on the new spoiler too tight you can break them ...:0

systmdfect

done it

Allright, took it off and capped the wires after work tonight. Then ran to the nearest 24 hour home depot and got some plugs. Just waiting for the new spoiler to arrive...

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
lol your in a rush you did not ge tyou spoiler yet ...lol and you all ready took off the one on your car :)