Teggykid Log

Teggykid952

So, I think I'm starting to get tired of how "boring" I did my car. I mean, everything it either painted black, silver, or just cleaned up. I think I still have some of my OEM paint left over. Going to do the moldings a VC that color. Probably going to try and sand/polish my intake. Probably leave the intake mani alone. Thinking about getting a Megan header in stainless.

Really, I'm just tired of all the paint. I'm ready to put some bling on her. Nothing crazy, just something with a little shine. Stay tuned, I'll be getting a job within the next two weeks so I'll finally have money to buy things.

jdmjunki3

function>form
WOW!! very minty DB1, love where this car has gone an the direction it continues to go, kinda sucks you had to sell the rims but im glad your doing a 5spd conversion. keep up the good work!

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I just saw this thread on G2IC, I didn't know you were on this site too.

Teggykid952

LOL. Yeah that is pretty much what happened. Idk, I'm on a lot of forums. They all have people who offer something different so I like to keep my options open. Even the different sites get certain specials through them so that's a plus too. But yeah I've definitely whored out the car on each of them hahahaha

Teggykid952

Ordered clutch line, clutch master cylinder and shift boot :) Next are shift linkage, short shifter, knob, and possibly intermediate shaft!

Teggykid952

Alright so I came across some luck today. Dad told me a '92 teg showed up at pull-a-part. We drove over to Montgomery to check her out. It's a 5-speed :D and has most of the parts I need to start my swap. So today we just grabbed the center console and the ECU. Tomorrow we are going to get the intermediate shaft, pedal assembly, maybe the cluster, shifter, and linkage. Next I'll just have to get axles and a tranny mount. Here's a pic of what I got today. I'll have some more tomorrow after we get back. We'll be there early that way we don't miss out on the parts :D

Teggykid952

Alrght, so today, we got there and they were some guys around the car. Freaked me out, but luckily they only needed the AC compressor. Once they were out of the way we started getting to work. We realized what a bitch it's going to be to get that pedal assembly in, but whatever haha. Ended up getting the shifter, shift linkage, pedal assembly, cluster, intermediate shaft, flywheel, and pressure plate. All for $110 and some change. Saved some crazy money. Here's a pic. I'll be getting a low profile jack and two more jack stands, then the swap will commence. Stay tuned :D

Teggykid952

Thinking about going with an Exedy OEM replacement clutch, or, a Competition Stage 1 if I can get a good price. Also, just ordered an Energy Suspension shifter bushing kit

GStypeR

Just went through your whole build post. GOOD JOB! I think the car looks minty as hell for the year it is. Keep up the good work man.