Tegsox 2005 Civic 3 amp system (56K...)

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
For just the radio, electronic crossover, the 3 amps and all the speakers I paid about $2000 even. That's spread over many years though, and the only thing I paid retail price for were the MB Quart's. The rest I either got at dealer cost from my installer days, or I bought on Ebay (some new/some used). Full price for all that stuff new would be over $3000.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Can I have you come do my install? Holy crap, looks freakin awesome. I can't make up my mind wether to go with Alpine sub or JL audio. JL is more money but I think a little better, but my buddy says even one Alpine Type R 10" sub hits very hard.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I've never been to Florida. I'm on my way! lol
Well, you know what I recommend for subs. Check out Ebay for a JL sub, that's where I got my W6 in the Civic and my W3 in the Integra. Only paid barely over $300 for the 12 inch W6, brand new.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Not a bad deal.

I actually want to keep the same brand for most everything, but eh, I'm still going to look around and do more research.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I finished up the last couple things I needed to get done. Took a few final pics.

Mounted the switch for a Stinger fan that's mounted behind the PCX2125 (running the sub). That's the panel above the drivers feet. The switch is on the left side above the hood release.

Here's where I grounded everything, 0 guage to a seatbelt bolt under the backseat. I ground away the paint underneath with a dremel for some solid bare metal contact. The cheesy white speaker wire you see is the wiring for the aforementioned fan switch.

Side shot of the PC4400 (running the rears). I put the white plastic spacers you see under the feet of all the amps to raise them up off the board, help keep them cool.

Here's the backside of the main board. Relays are for the fan and the remote turn on wire. I needed to do a relay setup to turn everything on because 3 amps, a crossover and the power distro block lighting/voltage display are too much for the deck's remote lead wire to handle alone. Sub box is bracketed to the main board. Main board is screwed directly to the car along the top with stinger screws, and bracketed on the right with a generic bracket I got at Home Depot.

Backside of the PCX480 board. Top of the board is along the bottom, pulled forward and laid on it's face in the trunk. It's mounted with 2 sheet rock screws along the top, and it pressure fits on the bottom at the sides.

Last edited:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I've been putting together a list of improvements to make on the system this spring:
-New rear speakers. The 13 year old MB's gotta go. Probably going to get another Diamond Audio component set. And I'm going to mount the tweeters in the rear pillars (not next to the mid in the rear deck), angled towards the driver seat.
-PPI Q Bass knob. It plugs right into the amp itself, I'll get more bass using it than using the sub level control in the deck.
-Upgrade the OEM ground wire.
-On/off switch for the sub amp. Since I listen to alot of talk radio, the sub doesn't need to be running when I am. It'll legnthen the life of the alternator.
-Angle the head unit lower. The display on the HU is tough to see because of the angle it sits at in relation to the driver. I made new mounting holes and got it angeled down when I installed it the first time, but there's a little room left for me to get it lower, I think, I hope.
-I'm getting a very little bit of engine whine. You can't hear it when the music's playing, and it doesn't get louder when you turn up the volume, but I want ZERO noise. Gotta fix that.
-I have a rattle in the back somewhere when the bass bumps, gotta track that down.
-And while I have the dash apart when I take out the radio, I need to increase the sensetivity of the alarm's shock sensor a little bit (the sensor's under the center console), and I want to hook up the rear defrost to the remote start.

Is it May yet?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Your system looks dope man. I like how you put the spacers behind the amp, good idea, and the relays :thumbup:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Got some upgrade items together!

1. New rear speakers. Component set with 6.5 in mids. I'm going to mount the tweeters up in the rear pillars.
2. 6 foot RCA, so I can run the bass through the electronic crossover to use the subsonic filter.
3. QBass knob.
4. A hinge for the trunk board, so I can get at my spare without removing the sub box, I'm cutting the board and hinging it.
5. Amp fan. (another one)

I have a little custom item under construction, but that won't be unveiled until later. It's just a piece of wood right now, lol.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
i love the craftsmanship you put into this :thumbup:

i wanna see the idea of how to remove the spare w/o removing the box. patent it! :p