TegSox!!! Please read this!!!

209SpoonDC2

Dear Mr. TegSox, i was looking at your application for ROTM, and on your engine specs I noticed you're sportin' Spoon cams! Basically I wanna know how much of a difference you noticed when you added these. Did you dyno it, ecu tuning, etc.???
Very curious to know. This would be great for all the people who want to add cams, as well as the JDM non-believers on here. Thanks a million. :)

-Greg

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I didn't notice a difference until I put in some 12.1 Wiseco pistons (with a 0.5 mm overbore), and now the car freakin' rips! As with any aftermarket cam install, you need to up the compression to really see any gains. Until you do, your engine will be overcammed and slower than before, like mine was. I went from running 15.3's with just I/H/C/E to running low 16's after installing the Spoon cams! When VTEC activated at 4400, the power just fell on its face for the next 500 rpm's.
That winter, I did the pistons and had my car Uberdata'd, dyno tuned, now I have 188whp and 133wtq and run 14.7@96 with a 2.33 60' time and 100 pounds of interior items removed.

This was my dyno before and after the pistons:

See how much happier cams are when they have the compression they want? :)
And I'm still gonna lose the ROTM to a car with bolt ons and Type R seats. :roll: