The Forced Induction Thread - Boost Whores Get In Here!

hidenplanvew

2.5 will work for about 300 but not much after that, but a t04 suck, you will max out at like 220-280 and will spool super quick. You can part together a kit for about 800 to 1k, I am so far into my car like 600 bucks and thats a T3/T4 60ar and GRP rods good to 1000whp and Aries pistons tial waste gate and BOV. M very close friend owns PFI up here and so I get to hook up on parts so most people wont get deals like that but just showing whats possible. Just so you know those GRP rods like 800 new and mine have like 5 trips down the track and like 600 hp on them there pretty much new the guy just never paid my buddy for them so I got them on the cheap.

Anyone ever run a LSDmotorsports clutch? I have been thinking about getting one since this is a low cost build and trying to keep it true to the name. I only want to spend 1500 to 2000k on it including a S300 and tune

90tegwhite

Keep Droolin' Im Spoolin'
turbo is good for 475 hp.... so i dont know how it will max out at 280??? when do you think the boost will start building and when do you think the engine will stop making power?

redrocket

2.5 will work for about 300 but not much after that, but a t04 suck, you will max out at like 220-280 and will spool super quick. You can part together a kit for about 800 to 1k, I am so far into my car like 600 bucks and thats a T3/T4 60ar and GRP rods good to 1000whp and Aries pistons tial waste gate and BOV. M very close friend owns PFI up here and so I get to hook up on parts so most people wont get deals like that but just showing whats possible. Just so you know those GRP rods like 800 new and mine have like 5 trips down the track and like 600 hp on them there pretty much new the guy just never paid my buddy for them so I got them on the cheap.

Anyone ever run a LSDmotorsports clutch? I have been thinking about getting one since this is a low cost build and trying to keep it true to the name. I only want to spend 1500 to 2000k on it including a S300 and tune

Your numbers are a little off, I made 373HP and 300TQ with 2.36 inch exhaust. T3To4E .57T .63A/R 12LB of boost, I should have no problem kicking out over 15Lbs with the turbo.

How do you plan on 1500-2000 for your build?, I spent $13,000.00

90tegwhite

Your numbers are a little off, I made 373HP and 300TQ with 2.36 inch exhaust. T3To4E .57T .63A/R 12LB of boost, I should have no problem kicking out over 15Lbs with the turbo.

How do you plan on 1500-2000 for your build?, I spent $13,000.00
so your telling me the .70A/R will be okay for my 1.8?.... and on my civic dx d16y7 i had the factory exhaust on it with a 14b turbo and it was FAST!

Last edited:

redrocket

so your telling me the .70A/R will be okay for my 1.8?.... and on my civic dx d16y7 i had the factory exhaust on it with a 14b turbo and it was FAST!
No, i cant guarantee that, I can just vouch for my setup. It's hard to get solid advice on the internet. Best thing to do is go to a local reputable performance shop and talk to someone face to face. By reputable I mean time in business, proven track record. Stay away from people working out of small operations unless you know them well enough and have seen their work. I have been going to my shop for 13 years now and they have never once let me down.

I see hack turbo jobs all the time that require fixing before they got started.

90tegwhite

No, i cant guarantee that, I can just vouch for my setup. It's hard to get solid advice on the internet. Best thing to do is go to a local reputable performance shop and talk to someone face to face. By reputable I mean time in business, proven track record. Stay away from people working out of small operations unless you know them well enough and have seen their work. I have been going to my shop for 13 years now and they have never once let me down.

I see hack turbo jobs all the time that require fixing before they got started.
just did a rought tally... my engine build with rod bearings,rods,pistons,rod bolts,head studs,main bearing set is gonna be around 1500 ALONE if i do all the wrenching myself.... let alone the turbo application... so im probably looking at around 5000 for minimum stuff... i may just say F*CK it and buy a bran new racing block and start from scratch with all brand new top of the line internals.... and have a crisp engine then im looking at about 6000 for the block and all the brand new racing parts.... then 5000 on the turbo set up... so yeah about 10,000

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
.70 trim and my engine is definatly tired... burns a little oil... so im gonna fully build the engine... due to reliability i want the car to not have problems in the future and being FORCED to build it when i dont have the money... so im gonna stockpile the parts and when its all there ill tear down the engine... is 2.5 exhaust good for turbo or do i have to go 3?
yeah 3inch is a minimum, and i wouldn't get a turbo that big, IT will take forever to spool. Thats the size that people run to make 600+
Get a .50-.60 trim

redrocket

just did a rought tally... my engine build with rod bearings,rods,pistons,rod bolts,head studs,main bearing set is gonna be around 1500 ALONE if i do all the wrenching myself.... let alone the turbo application... so im probably looking at around 5000 for minimum stuff... i may just say F*CK it and buy a bran new racing block and start from scratch with all brand new top of the line internals.... and have a crisp engine then im looking at about 6000 for the block and all the brand new racing parts.... then 5000 on the turbo set up... so yeah about 10,000
Seriously man, that's a realistic number! It is very tempting to piece a kit together off ebay, but the reality is I love my car and I wan't to to be as reliable and problem free as it can be so those type of numbers are what it takes to achieve that goal. I attached a parts list for you to see what I did, 10K miles so far and not one problem. I have my A/C, CC, and PS

Wheels:
O.Z. Racing Supertourismo GT
Falken 512s 205/45/16

Brakes:
Wilwood Big Brake Kit 4 piston calipers
Drilled and Slotted 12.19" Rotors
Stainless Steal Brake Lines

Suspension:
Form and Function Type 1 coilovers
Skunk Camber kit all 4 corners

Mounts & Bushings:
ES Motor Mount Inserts
Energy Polyurethane Bushing Kit

Block:
B18A1
Tear Down/Hot Tank
Darton Sleeve/Bore/Hone/Deck/Finish Block
Arias 84.00mm Flat Top Forged Pistons
Eagle Forged Rods
ACL Bearing Set
Micropolish Crankshaft
GSR Oil Pump
OEM Lower Timing Belt
OEM Rear Main Seal
OEM Oil Pan Gasket
OEM GSR Timing Belt and Water Pump
OEM Head Gasket
ARP Head Studs

Head:
B16A1 Head W/ OEM Distributor, Intake Manifold, and Camshafts
Supertech Titanium Valve Springs
Supertech Titanium Retainers
Supertech Titanium Valve Guides
Supertech Stainless Steal Valves
OEM Cam Seals
OEM Cam Plug
OEM Intake Manifold Gasket

Exhaust:
2.5" downpipe W/ Flex pipe
Greddy Evo 2 exhaust
DMH Performance low profile Oval Electric Cutout

Cooling:
Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator
Mishimoto Aluminum Dual Fan Shroud
Mishimoto Ratiator Hoses
Mishimoto Carbon Fiber Radiator Cap

Fuel:
RC 1000cc Injectors
Walbro 255 High Flow Fuel Pump

Computer:
Hondata S300 W/ Boost Control

Transmission:
Carbon Coated Syncs
Quaife Automatic Torque Biasing System
Competition Clutch Stage 4 Sprung 6 Puk Clutch
Resurfaced Flywheel

Turbo System:
Garrett T3To4E .57 Trim Turbo W/ .63 A/R
Log Style Cast Manifold coated with Jet Hot
Tial 38mm Waste gate
HKS SSQV Blow off Valve (Black Special Edition)
Black powder coated IC Piping
Tanaka FM Intercooler
AEM Boost Gage
AEM Wide Band Gage
Cluster Dual Gage bezel
Omni Power 3 bar map

90tegwhite

Seriously man, that's a realistic number! It is very tempting to piece a kit together off ebay, but the reality is I love my car and I wan't to to be as reliable and problem free as it can be so those type of numbers are what it takes to achieve that goal. I attached a parts list for you to see what I did, 10K miles so far and not one problem. I have my A/C, CC, and PS
AMEN to that.... maybe ill just pick up a cheap block and tear it right down and start from scratch then i can drive my car and build the engine... maybe get a 6 speed tranny ;) do they make 6 speeds for integras?... this way atleast i have a sick built engine and if this body sh*ts the bed or accident or w.e i can take the engine/tranny out and buy a different car... that sounds like the best plan.... ill make it a 2 year goal. ALSO what are you running for numbers?

Last edited:

redrocket

AMEN to that.... maybe ill just pick up a cheap block and tear it right down and start from scratch then i can drive my car and build the engine... maybe get a 6 speed tranny ;) do they make 6 speeds for integras?... this way atleast i have a sick built engine and if this body sh*ts the bed or accident or w.e i can take the engine/tranny out and buy a different car... that sounds like the best plan.... ill make it a 2 year goal. ALSO what are you running for numbers?
No 6 speed tyranny that I know of for our cars. I think you have the right Idea. It made 373/300 on 12Lbs.

90tegwhite

No 6 speed tyranny that I know of for our cars. I think you have the right Idea. It made 373/300 on 12Lbs.
damn... 6 speed would be so good on gas... plus this is only my 2nd sports/rice car... 1st was an 89 civic dx d16y7 boosted with a 14b mitsu turbo pushin 10 psi had around 200 hp... thing was a coffin though.... front end was all washed out... was all over the road but damn that thing was fast.... had it up to 245km/h once and decided that was enough... but i did great on it... bought it for 700 with everything done to it... had it for like 6 months then sold it for 1300... then that 1300 i bought my teg with the day i delivered the civic was the day i picked up my teg :).... and im only 19 so i have LOTS of time to boost my car.... why did you use a b16 head??

Last edited:

redrocket

damn... 6 speed would be so good on gas... plus this is only my 2nd sports/rice car... 1st was an 89 civic dx d16y7 boosted with a 14b mitsu turbo pushin 10 psi had around 200 hp... thing was a coffin though.... front end was all washed out... was all over the road but damn that thing was fast.... had it up to 245km/h once and decided that was enough... but i did great on it... bought it for 700 with everything done to it... had it for like 6 months then sold it for 1300... then that 1300 i bought my teg with the day i delivered the civic was the day i picked up my teg :).... and im only 19 so i have LOTS of time to boost my car.... why did you use a b16 head??
That's just what the shop suggested, It's the same head that the Type R uses and I believe the flow characteristics are better than the GSR head.

AlexD

J13 sooo mad

Incorrect, a 2.5 will work for any setup, just know that your setup wont make as much power as if you were using a 3 inch exhaust. I know of a local K-turbo making 500+ on a 2.5 inch downpipe.

t04 suck? Do you know what a t04 is? A T3/T04 turbo is a hybrid combination that is used by plenty of people in the scene today making tons of power. I think you are incredibly confused on your terminology and what youre telling people.

t3/T04 turbos will make WAY MORE POWER than what you have listed, and the spool is variable depending on motor/setup/ and turbine characteristics.

Id appreciate it if you stop spreading false information along the boards. Thanks :evil:

90tegwhite

Incorrect, a 2.5 will work for any setup, just know that your setup wont make as much power as if you were using a 3 inch exhaust. I know of a local K-turbo making 500+ on a 2.5 inch downpipe.

t04 suck? Do you know what a t04 is? A T3/T04 turbo is a hybrid combination that is used by plenty of people in the scene today making tons of power. I think you are incredibly confused on your terminology and what youre telling people.

t3/T04 turbos will make WAY MORE POWER than what you have listed, and the spool is variable depending on motor/setup/ and turbine characteristics.

Id appreciate it if you stop spreading false information along the boards. Thanks :evil:
i know next to nothing about turbos and even i know it would make way more power then 280... the info the guy gave me on the turbo is : a/r .70 garrett compressor, a/r 1.00 turbine. m1... that turbo for 250 bucks... guy says its worth 1000... never ever been used or installed