the K20A2 Motor

tYPe R iNt3GRa

From what I've heard, people are saying that the K20A2 motor is very strong. It is very powerful and can handle abuse after broken in. I was thinkin to buy one during the summer of 2005, but I want to know what this engine can handle, becuase i am ready to drop $10,000 worth of performance parts in it.

CHILD

all day all JDM
the K-series engine is one of the best engines thrown out from Honda next to the F22 (S2000) and the C30 (NSX) engines. I dont know if you're seen it, but the drag car from Skunk2 is running a K20A ALL MOTOR and it hits 9's. Sure its a fiberglass gutted car, but its the worlds fastest all motor car right now.
If you're dropping this into a teg, then it'll surely be a beast...the K20A2 runs 14.9 at best in an RSX-S so you'd be in the 14's completely stock. I've seen boosted DC5's with stock internals run 12's all day as well. Its an all around good engine...you can't beat Honda Technology

96GSR

what's everything that you need to drop a k20a type s motor into a 94-01 integra? im really interested in doing this becuase i can get a k20a for about 2.5 to 3k. also the k20a is the type s motor right?

k20a motor
6 speed tranny
power steering pump
alternator
ecu..harness
ac compressor
header and downpipe
9000 miles on motor

what other thing would i need to complete this swap other than the things that i listed up there?
how much does it cost for the honda dealership to change motors? or do swap's?
and putting a k20a into a teg a hard swap?

dominiyrk09

96GSR said:
what's everything that you need to drop a k20a type s motor into a 94-01 integra? im really interested in doing this becuase i can get a k20a for about 2.5 to 3k. also the k20a is the type s motor right?

no the k20a2( rsx-s) motor is diffrent from the k20a
k20a=220 hp
k20a2=200hp
k20a3=160hp

this is horsepower ot the flywheel not to the wheels
k20a is the type r motor comes wit a lsd 6 speed ( this is what you want fo all motor)
k20a2 is usa type s motor with just 6 gear tranny( this one is better for boosting due to less compression)

Last edited:

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
long live the b-series!!!!!!!!!!!! lol just playin the k type s engine in stock form really didnt impress me that much but it takes very well to mods and it is better than the b-series but I still want a type r engine.

Todd

token ex-mod
untill the price of a k swap drops dramatically, they are just simply not worth it for %99 of the people looking to swap

right now b series engines are still the kings due to their MUCH lower price.

for the price of JUST the k swap you could have a very well built b engine that would take the k another $3k-$4k in mods to touch.

and since the k series is a newer engine there is much less aftermarket support for it compared to the b series engines which have been in use since the 80's

Vistec R

give hasport or what ever there name is they would hook you up with all the info you need thats where i got my shyt from whn i threw the k20 in my hatch

GSRawe

96GSR said:

k20a motor
6 speed tranny
power steering pump
alternator
ecu..harness
ac compressor
header and downpipe
9000 miles on motor

what other thing would i need to complete this swap other than the things that i listed up there?
how much does it cost for the honda dealership to change motors? or do swap's?
and putting a k20a into a teg a hard swap?
New motor mounts... off of the top of my head.

96GSR

GSRawe said:
New motor mounts... off of the top of my head.
what else would i need to complete the swap? and how what company offers the motor mounts for that a k motor into the gsr? how much do hasport mounts cost?