TheNailGuy's build thread!

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
A little update. I recently just found out I had a cam seal leak . So I'm having a friend work on that at Toyota. He had a feeling something else was wrong. The last person that worked in my car didn't put the seals on correctly when I.stalling my itr cams, he didn't adjust the valves or anything and dropped a bolt where my timing was. That bolt screwed up the fully and what ever he did to try to get that bolt out screwed my crank all to Hell. I confronted him about the situation and he said he knew he dropped the bolt there and couldn't get it out I'm like Wtf!!! That's just like a doctor leaving one of his instruments in someone's stomach. He offered to fix it and buy the parts himself I said fyck no your never going near my car again!

Good news is my buddy found someone who was able to give the parts for free. So now she's finally gonna be fixed!!! He's also installing my 4-1 header and the 2.5" catback exhaust whoooooopie.

Man its gonna be loud but I can't wait!!!

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
What happened with the lip. I lost that thread.
The lip I'm gonna work on it a little later. I haven't had my car for 5 days. Butt I recently just bought a 98+ bumper for the teg. Soooo what I plan to do is restore my old bumper or practice with the touch up paint with it till I get good at it than ill work on the damages my lip kit did.

Anybody know what lip this is?? I've been trying to find out what is but dunno where to start so I figure ill post it up and maybe you guys would know. Opinions and flames are welcome about the lip.

Cripton805

That didn't look bad. It looks like it was just loose. The brackets suck on most lips.
Idk what lip that is. I would like to know too.

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Hey, if you haven't gotten your computer or anything yet, I HIGHLY recommend phearable.net. You can get the comp and adapter harness from them and a chip already burned for your setup. I realize it wont be perfect, but you send them all your specs, and they give you a tune based on similar builds.

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
Hey, if you haven't gotten your computer or anything yet, I HIGHLY recommend phearable.net. You can get the comp and adapter harness from them and a chip already burned for your setup. I realize it wont be perfect, but you send them all your specs, and they give you a tune based on similar builds.
thanks bruh!!! im looking into it as we speak!

sorry for deleting most of my pics. ill be starting a new build thread in VIP.

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
where these pics at?....im trying to see the car with my old exhaust ;)
HAHA Wish granted my friend! Heres a little up date. As soon as i become not lazy ill remake a a new build thread in VIP. Criptons last thread got me thinking. But never fear the Pics are here!!!!

Ok so im pretty proud of myself for accomplishing this. This was the first thing ive ever done to a car minus installing my amber lights :shocked2:

In the process of taking out the bolts i came across this! Thats when i texted ricky to see how i get the dern thing off lol

Bumper is off!

comparison here!!! 94-97 Bumper Vs 98-01

Last edited:

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
when you doing the 98-01 front?

it all is looking fresh
haha thanks bro! its gonna look even better knowing that i have an awesome VC cover coming in soon. Cant wait!!!!!!

Not sure if i wanna do the 98+ front i like how the older style looks. as soon as i get my bumpers touched up ill be looking into newer lip kits whooopie!!!

Woke up this morning and decided to give my new Canon SX30IS a shot

Last edited:

suzuki714

No new cluster :)
You should get I/H/E for the tune... might as well.

For the header I recommend 4-1 TypeR for the high end power. Our Vtec engines spend most of the time up there. The only time were at low end is on the street or the start of a race lol

Also, get a short ram, not a CAI... CAI is more for low end rather than high end. Short ram is high end power and is a good combo with the 4-1 header.

You will notice considerably more high end power after all of this... wont be bad at all
how does a short ram make high end power? a cia is for cold air and a short ram is ushley behind the raidatior not so cold air... i dont see the dirrerence