Tint job question

BSPEED

Whats up with that polka dotted crap at the top of the hatch window? my current tint which was on the car when i bought it, is not covering that part, doesnt anyone have a way to tint this area?

what levels do you have your windows tinted?

i was thinking about 50% on the front windshield with a 5% visor, 15% on the two front side windows, and 5% on the rear sides, and hatch.. i dunno bout the sunroof.. all black no mirror business

any opinions? what do you have?

thanks,

B

DC2_Project

BSPEED said:
Whats up with that polka dotted crap at the top of the hatch window? my current tint which was on the car when i bought it, is not covering that part, doesnt anyone have a way to tint this area?

what levels do you have your windows tinted?

i was thinking about 50% on the front windshield with a 5% visor, 15% on the two front side windows, and 5% on the rear sides, and hatch.. i dunno bout the sunroof.. all black no mirror business

any opinions? what do you have?

thanks,

B
the dots are to block the sun from getting in
you can cover that part but if you do it will more than likely bubble up and start to mess up around that area

when i get mine tinted im stickin to VA laws because around here they are cracking down on what you do, i had a friend get a ticket for the license plate cover that was tinted but clearly visable

speedin

The Transporter
BSPEED said:
Whats up with that polka dotted crap at the top of the hatch window?
i have this also on my hatch. it over the entire thing but u can only see it frome certain angles (usually only in the sun). it looks like old tint going bad?? but it is oem, my windows were never tinted. i am putting off a tint till i figure out if a new tint will fix this problem or if i need a new window. if so whats the point of tinting a bad window?

speedin

The Transporter
DC2_Project said:
the dots are to block the sun from getting in
you can cover that part but if you do it will more than likely bubble up and start to mess up around that area
so i cant tint my hatch window w/o it messing up?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Some tinters cover the dot matrix with the tint, some don't. Because its tough to get the tint to lay down evenly in that area so that it looks good. My rear hatch window is tinted and they tinted the dots, too. It doesn't look perfect, but it's not that bad. I'm wicked anal about how my car looks, and it doesn't really bother me. My tint is 5 years old and it not peeling in the dotted area or anything.
I'd stick to what's legal in your state as far as how dark to go or your askig for it. Since your in Florida, you oughta be able to go pretty freakin' dark!

speedin

The Transporter
TegSox said:
Since your in Florida, you oughta be able to go pretty freakin' dark!
ive seen 1 way mirror tints and black to the point you cant tell the car(black) from the window. :twisted: this state is the ultimate tuner state, no emissions checks, car laws(tint, muffler, etc) loosely enforced, and its nice and sunny 8) . but thats also the down side heat. but it doesnt bother me.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Wow, you can basically do what you want with tint down there, huh? In New Hampshire, you can only tint the windows behind the driver. You can't tint your windown in your front doors at all. You can't have mirror tint unless it came on the car from the factory, like Lexus SUV's. And you can only tint your windows to a certain limit. I forget what the percentage is, but you can see inside the car pretty easily, its hardly dark and it's lame. But right to the south of us in Mass, you can tint your front windows and you can tint them a hell of a lot darker than were allowed to. And they don't have to have a front plate on their cars! And they drive like pricks! And they lick goats and......

woah, I gotta settle down.

speedin

The Transporter
TegSox said:
lick goats
wow, thats a new one :lol: . yea im glad we dont need front plates. their ugly, unareodynamic, and can block a good portion of the radiator. all and all it sounds like u need to move

Spectacula Acura

TegSox said:
Wow, you can basically do what you want with tint down there, huh? In New Hampshire, you can only tint the windows behind the driver. You can't tint your windown in your front doors at all. You can't have mirror tint unless it came on the car from the factory, like Lexus SUV's. And you can only tint your windows to a certain limit. I forget what the percentage is, but you can see inside the car pretty easily, its hardly dark and it's lame. But right to the south of us in Mass, you can tint your front windows and you can tint them a hell of a lot darker than were allowed to. And they don't have to have a front plate on their cars! And they drive like pricks! And they lick goats and......

woah, I gotta settle down.
Last time i checked it was 34% on there rear 3 windows. Im from southern NH where are you from?
AB

BSPEED

we are lucky its a good tuner state but it's too damn hot!!!

most of what i want to do is illegal i just figured i'd try it untill some pigs complain. there are a lot of other cars around here i've seen that are pitch black all around...

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
if you get the pros to do your tint then they shouldnt have too much of a problem with it as long as they use a heat gun. then it give the tint a shrink wrap effect and should look pretty decent. either that or just spend a few hours with a razor blade scraping them off... but who the hell wants to do that?

not too many laws are enforced here (if there even are any)like no front plates or tinting. i had my old car nearly blacked out. i had that back 3 windows 2.5% and my front ones 20%. i couldnt see anything at night backing up so thats why i had 20% on the front... still was hard to avoid those curbs with the grass sections in them in the parking lots with no lights...had to roll down the windows lol. really the only law that i can think of thats enforced is driving with the neons on under the car.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
i dunno what the previous owner did with my integra but its not very good. Back window is bubbling and the back sides are turning purple but no bubbles yet.

Anyways on my old accord i had 5% in the back and like 25 or 30 in the front for a month but then got rolled by fucking chp ... and then the dick makes it so i cant pay the $10 entry fee once i fixed it ticket thru the mail without all this certified shit so i had to drive to sacramento (70 miles each way) and pay it in person ... fuckers.

Oh and ive had 3 fix it tickets for no front plate so far. :lol: I figure 10 every once in a while is a hell of a lot cheaper than $300+ if i get caught on the red light camera, i work nights and the lights dont always change on the way home so you gotta run em sometimes but in my town they only take pictures from the front.