To dip or not to dip?

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
If youre asking this question with a long term look in mind you got another thing coming. Something temporary, by example of the experience posted earlier, or intention to respray would be appropriate expectation for dip. It will not stay as nice as it was when first sprayed no matter how well you clean it and you will have to redo it to keep a nice look or scrap the idea in the end. White will be worse than black cus dirt is dark not white.

Cheap paint job will last just as long as the dip. Your shine will start to oxidize in a year and if they did a s***ty job it will have other problems by then if not sooner.

TheCrimsonStar

Cheap paint job? Hereyago:

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/body/hrdp_1108_1967_chevy_camaro_affordably_flat_painting/

Yeah, yeah, it's a Camaro, blah blah. But that Rustoleum paint comes in almost any color you could want. Do it yourself for about a hundo.
That's assuming OP has the skill to do it himself. Painting is easy, once you learn how to do it right. I thought it was easy and I messed up my girlfriend's fender and wound up having it professionally painted. I'm going to have someone teach me before I attempt a real paint job again. Otherwise it's dip or primer black for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta