Tokicos on an Ls

Spectacula Acura

Has anyone installed their own shocks on their teg im having a difficulty getting the rear bushings to stay put do you need the oem as well?
any help

Spectacula Acura

when i removed the OEM strut there was two different bushings with a metal tube in one with a a metal washer in between. With the tokicos there are two bushings identical to the top part but no lower bushing resemblnig the OEM. maybe im supposed to know to reuse one or am i missing a concept here>thanks AB

hyper98gsr

oh i know what you are talking about.

ok...you reuse the
-bump stop and plate
-dust cover
-spring mounting rubber
-opt*-reuse the two damper mounting rubbers(upper and lower ones your talking about)

*i reuse them because i dont use spring compressors and they are already worn in and fit. the new ones cause trouble to get the nut on.

hope i helped. btw get a haynes manual. helps alot.

Spectacula Acura

hey thanks alot i havent been back out try it but ill work on it later, I have the Haynes manual and it showed all the pieces that was a big help. I simply am not experinced in alot of area's I learn by trial and error. So thansks again for the info. peace 8)

hyper98gsr

np

i think we all learn buy experience. but unlike you i didn't ask and ruined alot of tools and parts.

good luck

Spectacula Acura

ok am i numb or what i got the strut in and the oem mounts and the central shaft turns freely i put an alan key in and tightend the both i got it on i thought all done i dropped the car after putting the wheel on and the strut came up through the rear housing WTF i suck at this :evil: please help me again bc i suck at this. but i can do a stereo :D