totally lost

fister1989

alright guys idk whats goin on at all my clutch burnt up after i bout the car so i went an ordered me a stage 3 racing clutch an a light weight flywheel got it all put in everything looked fine remoutned the tranny all the plugs wires an bolts an luckly none left over lol an in the tranny i filled it up with oil till it was barely coming over the threads then i went to start it an it started abiout the thrid crank forgot i also put a new fuel filter on but when it was started it was idling at about 3200 rpms i new i would need to adjust the idle but before i was really able to do anything the headers got cherry red on me wich has me totally lost an it also waqs grinding when i tried to see if i could even budje it into gear wich im guessing reson i couldnt was from the idle rite?? idk im jus lookin for sum help im totally lost an dnt really have the money to take it to a garge right now so im trying to do things myself any help would greatly be appreicated thanks

chris

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
holy crap!! where are the periods?!!

1. why a stage 3? are you putting down 300whp or more?
2. what threads were you referring to when you were filling it up?

as for the super-heated header, looks to me your timing is off.

fister1989

ive got a set of cams on order an a new ecu come sum 440 cc injectors an a new aem billet fuel comeing as well so i went ahead an put that clutch in to maby help a lil. But the threads i was referring to is the ones when u take out the fill screw one of my buddys said fill it till it was coming out the hole a lil so thats what i did.An also english wasnt my strong subject lol an with txting i always foregt to use them anymore. but how do i go about checking the time an would the new tps sensor be causing the high idle?

fister1989

an also im not much of a mechinc but i try my best give me a m4 or 249 saw an ill have it running top shape in no time but when it comes to car's i can do very basic stuff.

emd513

the over heated header could also mean a really stopped up cat n res. rev high could be a sensor unplugged like your tps. timing u need to find tdc n make sure your cams r lined up right wit the crank.

j13

Keep It Clean
holy crap!! where are the periods?!!
Yeah I would check the timing. Have you ever changed a clutch before? Are you sure you put everything back the way it was, after installing the trans?

fister1989

my buddy was there to help with the reinstall of the clutch. hes got a built z28 an neon an does pretty much all the work himself but hasnt really fooled with alot of jdm prdoucts. ill check the sensors tomorrow.but when we did the reinstall everything went in smoothly.i think imma jus have to break down an send it to the garage maby they can work a deal or sumthing. thanks for the help guys

Rich-PMS

Your posts are an eyesore to read buddy.

FYI, if you put a NEW tps on, you need to adjust it properly.

An why are you gettig 440cc injectors on a stock/ish motor?

fister1989

ill go out an try the tps in a lil an what do u mean by mess with the distributor? an the 440 looked good from the reviews i read about them if u knw something that would be more sufficnt im mre than open for advice

Did you make sure you got the right clutch? The input shaft is different on 90 and 91-93(I may have mixed up the years. It might be 90-91 and 92-93).
Also, did you adjust the clutch cable correctly?

As far as the 440s, they are way overkill for your set up, so is a stage 3 clutch. And the AEM rail is just bling at this point as well.

emd513

you can check your timing yourself. go pick up a haynes book and read how to replace the timing belt. it should only take you like an hour if you take your time. the sensor you just need to see if it is plugged in. it is right behind the tb where your intake hooks up. also check all of your vacuum lines for cracks and holes and replace as needed. all of the above is really easy just dont get overwhelmed with doing it. it might seem hard or like a lot but it really isnt

fister1989

alright i got the idle part down but it was goin from bout 800 to 1800 rpm what could be causeing that?? An me an my buddy are gonna take the tranny back out tomorrow an double check everything. I hope we can resolve the problem he also said theres a chance the tranny might be shot :(

lshitegra90

you might have the wrong pressure plate, this happened to me once and it was a pain to finally figure out that

advance gave me a pressure plate.

your clutch wont depress enough when you push the pedal. or just try adjust the cable, the screw part on the

bracket where the cable goes to the tranny. keep going clockwise, should work. and if not you probably

have a

hydro pressure plate.