Transmission won't come off

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
okay so im doing my b20 swap and using my original ls trans. So the motor is out with trans and today i was trying to take my transmission off, but it wont come off. I took all the bolts off, including the starter bolts, and i pryed it open, but it like doesnt wanna come off completely. Why is it stuck? My trans is not even touching my block at this point, there is like a 5inch gap in between the block and the trans all around but it just wont come off..its pissing me off. Should i like pry it harder? i feel like something is gonna break or something. Before i take drastic measures, i want to get the advice of CI, Thanks :D

Beat92240

This is a manual right? If so there's nothing in there's. Either the dowls are holding it somewhere or somehow the input shaft of the trans is still hung up. Either way it'll just come out. If u got all the bolts nothing else holds it in internally.

If auto you'll have to pull (I think there's 3, could be 4) bolts holding the torque converter to the flywheel first through the starter hole.

Beat92240

The last person that had it off probably didnt grease up that input shaft. Make sure u throw some grease on there so it comes out easier this time!