Trouble shooting! Something's not right!

THE WITCH KING.

I've had this issue(s) for a while and just haven't done anything about it but I can't let my teg run like this anymore. Its a DA9 w/ a b16a swap btw.

To start off, I have a CEL. I wanted to check to see what codes I'm throwing, but my ECU doesn't have the lights on it to check (It's a P28 ). I saw the thread on here about checking your CEL with by putting a paper clip in come green socket and the CEL will blink at me for the code, but I can't find that either. Its not where it should be. I looked forever.

So the symptoms: When I start my car off the idle is really low for a few seconds, and teh CEL isn't on. But after a few seconds the CEL comes on and the idle goes up to around 800 at the same the light comes on. And my idle will roam a little.

I've noticed that my acceleration from a stop is lagging too. Like, it feels like it takes a second, and idk if this is normal but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't feel like that. Like there's some hesitation.

My exhaust doesn't feel like its pushing out as much as it should when I'm at idle. I have no leaks in my pipes at all, I've spent a while checking.

I've cleaned my FITV, IACV, and replaced my PCV valve trying to fix the idle. It helped but didn't fix it. I'm pretty sure I don't have any Vacuum leaks either. I've spent some time under the hood with a can of Throttle body cleaner. I'm just trying to figure out what's going on here. I know my O2 sensor has got a foot in the grave, but I doubt al of this can be from that?

Also my car will start to overheat after about 15 or 20 in 5th. Not all the way to hot, like between med and hot. THe needle will go crazy and fluctuate. I'm pretty sure thats my water pump though.

What do you all think this could be?

Oh and I have a electrical issue. I didn't notice this until tonight when me and my girl went out on a drive, but when my left blinker is on, it variates between the corner light and actual blinker light, but the right side doesn't do it. I just went in like, 2 days ago and replaced the sockets for my corner lights and blinkers and wired everything exactly the same way, so why the heck are my blinkers being weird? I want them both to blink in intervals.

Help me out! I'm willing to try just about anything right now. Sorry about the paragraph btw. ;)

Last edited:

THE WITCH KING.

Oh and btw I had issues with the pass blinker working the first time I wired it and had to fuck with the socket ground to get it to work. I'm incredibly stumped by this because I did everything exactly same as on driver side, like EXACTLY haha.

And I noticed when my car is warm the hesitation is worse and the idle roams worse.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
sounds like a fuel issue,hard to say thoug with no way to read codes or get data. the coolant sensor could be bad, soo many things

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Go to a parts store and pull the code(s). It'll help your situation a lot. They're there to help with these kinds of difficult issues. Something so small can ruin so much, its a sad fact of automobiles. Best of luck friend, pull the code(s) and post what they are and I'm sure any one of us can tell you how to fix it.

DagoAcura92

when you put the paper clip are you lookng at the check engine light for flashes? that's where you get your codes from.

THE WITCH KING.

Yeah I'm probably going to do that today. My thoughts on it are that if I can't find the socket to plug into, how will they? I'm hoping they will though so I can feel like a big fuckin idiot and be on the way to getting the problem(s) taken care of. And DAgo, I can't even do the paperclip thing because the socket is mia. Whoever wired this thing up did a reallly shitty job. I'm surprised it even works.

THE WITCH KING.

Thanks man! Heading to autozone to see if they can plug in their code reader in a little bit. I'll post what I can't figure out on my own.

THE WITCH KING.

Yeah I found that out loll. Apparently nowhere in CA will do any code reading at all, obd 1 or 2. Some new law. Thats what one of the guys at O'Reily's told me. Fkn stupidd. Back in WA there was a place that would do 1 and 2. Soo lame.