trunk leak?

sleeperintegra

Mine is a 95 LS 2 door coupe. Since I've had my car, whenever it rains, the water leaks into my trunk and causes water everywhere. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks

ca86108

i think something with the gaskets?? im not sure.. but i think it is the gasket for the headlight that causes the leek.. its not even THAT much.. i have hole in my trunk and it dont even leak that much

GSRawe

ca86108 said:
i think something with the gaskets?? im not sure.. but i think it is the gasket for the headlight that causes the leek.. its not even THAT much.. i have hole in my trunk and it dont even leak that much
Go to your local home appliance store and if it is a hole in the metal, buy some bondo, if it is ur taillingts leaking through, caulk the sucker (not really, that would be ghetto)... where in your trunk is it leaking, check and make sure the drain holes arn't clogged (if there are any in an Integra, I never checked)

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I had the same problem with my 95 Teg a few years ago. It was the taillight gaskets, I picked up some new ones from the dealership for like $25 bucks and it solved the problem. It is a common issue with Tegs, like ca86108 said.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
go into a car wash, bring a flashlight and jump into ur trunk and look for the leak...hehe i'm just being stupid, i use to have a leak in my old teg, wasnt the tail light, it was plastic lining that was causing my leak, it was wore out

DC2-Integra

Your Moms Boy Toy
it's your gasket dude, just like some other member said on this post, go to your local dealership spend the money on the gasket and just put them in, you should be fine, i have the same problem right now, and i've been told to do such ( going to dealership ) :)

Baldy201

Most commonn is the tail lights. There is also the antenna, the sun roof drain could be clogged or moved out of place, also the rubber on your hatch could be shot. Like most have said, it is most likely the tali lights. but if that doesnt help there are a few more things you look for.

speedin

The Transporter
heres what i did (my dealer wanted $35 a piece for new gaskets) take the taillight and the gasket off, go buy some silicon (home depot has some, its called aquarium silicon) silicon around the frame and then push the gasket up against the frame and the silicon will make a nice seal. then silicon the other side of the gasket (while attached to car) and put the tail light on. there u go a nice water proof seal. worked for me and im in rainny orlando :D