TSX or LS

Black_GS

I have an almost done up LS motor but I was thinkning of gettin a TSX motor for my car cause I got three of them coming next season..what you guys think ..finish up the motor or start fresh wit the 2.4 L and build on that?

Baldy201

The TSX motor will be a tight fit under your hood. IDK if any one else has done it before. If you are handy that may be something to shoot for. If the 2.4L will fit then by all means go for it.

BoostedITR41

Baldy201 said:
The TSX motor will be a tight fit under your hood. IDK if any one else has done it before. If you are handy that may be something to shoot for. If the 2.4L will fit then by all means go for it.
the K24 will fit but is very expensive. I would stick with the B series. they are tried and true

DownShift96GSR

Yeah, I say stick with the B series do to the fact that parts are more accessible for em. If you want to up the Liters in your motor, bore over you block or, go with the H series. The only problem with the H series is the handling will decreas cuz of the heavier motor. But that will happen even with th K24. They have already swapped a K20 into a G3 however.

BoostedITR41

DownShift96GSR said:
Yeah, I say stick with the B series do to the fact that parts are more accessible for em. If you want to up the Liters in your motor, bore over you block or, go with the H series. The only problem with the H series is the handling will decreas cuz of the heavier motor. But that will happen even with th K24. They have already swapped a K20 into a G3 however.

H22 doesn't throw handling off that is a fable. it doesn't weigh much more than a B series

Black_GS

thanks for the replys.my block allready bored as well as the intake manifold...port polish everything just missing the alluminem RAd .just getting bored u kno..my car allready fuk up all non turbo B series motors and i have no vetec....its just that my boy wit a RSX wit done up K20 Premium model ...blew the doors off a done up ITR motor in a EG6 coupe..but got a little baby comming..gatto get a 4 door....ganna test drive the TSX and the IS Lexus...but imma go with the TSX..love that car..never drove a IS before..but ill see....

DownShift96GSR

This may seem like a weird question, but since your going to get a TSX, I was curious how tall you were. Reason I ask is because I know a guy who has kids and he's 6'2" who as a TSX, he has to sit with the seat all the way back and it literally leaves less than a foot or so of room between the back of his seat and the backseat. He gave me and a friend of mine a ride one day and I had to sit in the back seat. Although I couldn't sit normally I had to have my legs accross the entire backseat. I'm 6'3" so I'm just saying. The TSX is a cool car, but I wouldn't buy it because of its lack of space for a 4 door. Just something for you to consider.