TURBO advice?

LAF_integra13

i have a 95 integra that id really like to turbo, but can my mostly stock Ls 1.8 handle turbo or should i put the money into a whole engine swap 1st, or something simpler like swapping to vtec or gsr head or can the 1.8 do the job? i intend to eventually completly convert it to gsr but can that wait? to me this is a good amount of money i wanna spend it as wisely as possible

So Breazy

To my knowledge (which isn't much) and in my opinion, I'd wanna swap out the engine first, or save up the money and do the swap as well as the turbo at the same time. You're probably gunna want new headers, intake, stuff like that to go along with it too. Jst my 2cents :p

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
ls motors can handle more boost than the gsr motors since the ls motors are lower compression than the gsr motor

So do a compression test and a leakdown test on the motor you have now to make sure its healthy and then boost it. Stock ls motors can handle about 10psi but id recommend 8psi for reliability.

no more than 6psi on a gsr motor

LAF_integra13

well i have an intake, chip and full exhaust besides for header otherthan that its a stock 1.8 but wouldnt the turbo come with a manifold so the header would b replaced anyway? eitherway thank you for your opinion

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
well i have an intake, chip and full exhaust besides for header otherthan that its a stock 1.8 but wouldnt the turbo come with a manifold so the header would b replaced anyway? eitherway thank you for your opinion
yes the turbo kit would replace your header and your intake, no idea why he said that :roll:

but yes the gsr motor has higher compression (higher compression=less boost you can have)

however, do not buy a ebay kit....save up and piuece together a quality kit or buy a quality kit (greddy,turbonetics,etc)

and a GOOD TUNE IS A MUST!