turbo and nos? why not

trickedteg96

Ok I want to do both. Is this just a bad idea, or could it work? money aint a thing, because ive been saving. Just someone help me out and tell me what i gotta do to make it practical and safe

speedin

The Transporter
trickedteg96 said:
Ok I want to do both. Is this just a bad idea, or could it work? money aint a thing, because ive been saving. Just someone help me out and tell me what i gotta do to make it practical and safe
with the cash anything is possible. but id say u need strong internals. due to the boost and nos it will be real stressful on stock. also id look into redoing the head. but i think the big problem will be engine stress

Baldy201

It is possible. Like speedin said you will need some strong internals. If you have the money do it right the first time and buid the engine. Tune, tune, tune that is the way it will work.

DownShift96GSR

Sleeve the block, 9:1 compression pistons, rods, and beef up the head. NOS makes a system that runs nitrous on your low end. Once your turbo reaches a certain boost level, the nitrous will shut off.

BoostedITR41

there are street honda's in 9's on turbo only there is no need for both unless you are building a tube chassis

Lilred

The sleeves in the 3rd gens are too weak, try getting it re sleeved, then go on with your project

BoostedITR41

Lilred said:
The sleeves in the 3rd gens are too weak, try getting it re sleeved, then go on with your project

uhhh there are 3rd gens on stock sleeves at close to 600whp there buddy

type dc2

Im afraid to put either in a car... Turbo because i hear its hard on your engine, and the same for nos. And is it really true that nos takes 5yrs off your car if you use it often?

ForceFed

...Relapsed
turbos are really reliable if you do regular oil changes and dont run above 8psi every day. just make sure your not running lean, and make sure you have an intercooler. then youll be fine.

BoostedITR41

turbos are reliable if you tune them right. I know of plenty of turbo cars on stock blocks with just a thicker head gasket running 14-15psi daily. I drove mine 2 years on 14psi daily and my internals looked brand new when we pulled em.

ForceFed

...Relapsed
BoostedITR41 said:
turbos are reliable if you tune them right. I know of plenty of turbo cars on stock blocks with just a thicker head gasket running 14-15psi daily. I drove mine 2 years on 14psi daily and my internals looked brand new when we pulled em.
yes but we dont want to steer this kid the wrong way. not all integras can handle 14 PSI daily. its better to be safe than sorry. (unless you have alot of money to fix it if you need to. if you do... than what the hell. lol)

siscoke

id just go with stronger internals (pistons, and the part from ur piston to the crank (dont know the exact word for it), etc etc) and then turbo it. get it tuned right on the dyno and ull have a friggin fast teggy ;)

also go search A LOT of info on turbos and also specifically for ur block. a friend of mine blew his engine cause his turbo was to powerfull (they went to far testing the pressure) and had none of his internals changed. now he has to find a new block or get some new internals (pistons and the other important parts to keep it steady under high pressure)

dont go nos (thats my opinion) it ll only do harm to ur car and if u screw it ur WHOLE block is gone. with a turbo you can most likely harm a few internals

greetz sis and good luck with the mods