Turbo plans, help with kits

rivman05

Afternoon folks. I have spun around 180 degrees on my build plans. I sold all my na parts and now thinking of going turbo as my car is not going to be barged out to where I live after all. I found a couple of kits and wondering about if anyones used these before:

The CX Racing kit for 739 - http://www.andysautosport.com/acura/1994_2001_integra/performance/turbos/turbo_manifolds/cx_racing/cxra00002390.html

random kit I found - http://www.speedyracer.com/turbo/turbokit/Honda-CIVIC-B-ACURA-INTEGRA-B-series-DOHC-Turbo-Kit

They look ok, and seem to be complete minus injectors and management. Thoughts suggestions? I dont want to blow money away which is why Im asking before I pull the trigger on a rebuild and then turbo it.

94RS

No fucks given.
Both of those suck ass, CX has been known to suck, and the other doesn't even have a name attached to it.... So my guess is that's as good as the $300-400 eBay kits.

Save your money and piece together your own turbo kit, research on what good components are and add that to your own list before you just up and decide to jump into a pre-made kit. Companies both charge more for pre-made kits, and half the time you don't know what brand most of the stuff in it is.

OLDSKOOLACURA

Somethings you can't be cheap about. There is a reason why top end kits are expensive. You will save money putting your own together, but it still won't be cheap

Posted from my garage

rivman05

Just wondering. I thought about piecing one together but not sure about manifolds. Most look like they are made for an external wastegate that I can find. I pieced together a kit for my old 2.2 impreza once upon a time ago. My list:
Manifold, turbo, injectors, chipped ecu, intercooler, boost controller, blow off valve, down pipe and exhaust, intake for the turbo of some sort, egt, afr gauge.

Am I missing anything? And what turbo would you folks suggest for only 8 psi? I dont ever think Ill go above that as its going to be my daily summer driver for cross country trips.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Go Autoworks kits are pretty decent.
Wideband, not AFR gauge.
T3 Super 60 is a great beginner turbo, good up to 325hp.

rivman05

Thanks. Since I have to save up for 4 months to do it, I might as well do it right. Thats not really too bad, 2100 to start with.

xZachTheRipper8

I was gonna recommend go auto works as well. that was the kit I was gonna go with before I went high compression. but now I regret not going boosted so once I get another car its all coming back out for a turbo build haha gonna go big so I can run at tx2k:)

OneFastGSR

You're going to have to go huge for tx2k, You better have a sleeved/forged motor making 600whp minimum to keep up with anything there.

HooliganSKATE

Stay the FUCK away from cx racing. I know from personal experience. They send you the wrong Shit in the kit, and none of the parts want to for right as advertised. Sorry if this thread has been dead for too many days, I don't mean to bring it back up. I just don't want anyone to make the same mistake I did.