Turbo Recommended?

Black94LS

Anti Rice, Yet anti JDM
put stronger internals in first, lower the compression a bit and put the strongest you can find in there, itll last longer.

Baldy201

What are your HP goals? If you plan to have no more that about 250hp that is a good turbo. It is smaller in size so it spools quickly, but the down side is that it cant put out the big hp numbers. I know that a lof of people go for the bigger t3/t4 turbo. But there preferance may be diffrent than yours.

Blackout_GSR

Baldy201 said:
What are your HP goals? If you plan to have no more that about 250hp that is a good turbo. It is smaller in size so it spools quickly, but the down side is that it cant put out the big hp numbers. I know that a lof of people go for the bigger t3/t4 turbo. But there preferance may be diffrent than yours.
what does t3/t4 represent? i hear it all the time but never understood what it meant, sounds tight...

ltrain

if your talking about reliability try to supercharge (comptech) and u have no turbo lag ;)

Baldy201

t3/t4 is a hybrid turbo. I am not entirely sure what it exactly what it means, but from what i do know is that it basicly the best parts from the t3 turbo and t4 turbo. I know that BoostedITR can help you out with that.

BoostedITR41

Baldy201 said:
t3/t4 is a hybrid turbo. I am not entirely sure what it exactly what it means, but from what i do know is that it basicly the best parts from the t3 turbo and t4 turbo. I know that BoostedITR can help you out with that.
it is a T3 exhaust wheel and housing with a T4 compressor housing and wheel. they call it T3/T4 for short T4 is a wide range(T04E, T04B, 60-1, etc) most T3/T4's will max around 325whp.

also superchargers don't mean it will be reliable and it sure won't be fast

JDMAmbition

I think the t25 will give a decent hp. I'm not looking for something too crazy. My car is basically stock except my t1r exhaust and bpipe. Will I need to change anything when I put turbo in it?

speedin

The Transporter
ok well t25 is just a turbo and the 3gen is a "kit" comes with all u need. but past that if u were just talking turbo's.... the t25 will spool quickly but it will max out quickly as well, it also it cant move much air so u will hit a hp cap for that turbo quick! now the t4 turbo (comes in 3 gen kit) has a stronger set-up and can move air and "i think" they can push 500hp max. now u wont have as quick of a spool-up as the t25 (not too big of a difference though) . but u will have a strong top end! :D

JDMAmbition

how much can the t25 push? My car is basically stock except that it's got a t1r exhaust and bpipe. Will i need to do anything to it if i put turbo in it?

speedin

The Transporter
t25 pushes ehhhhhhh lets say 250hp max (dont flame me on this one, just and educated guess). but u need alot to get that turbo on your car here is a LINKY to the drag 3 gen turbo kit will all the parts u need for the car. but if u dont want to click u will need.........turbo exhaust manifold ,Wastegate,front mount intercooler (optional, but HIGHLY recommended),blow-off valve,down pipe ,wastegate dump tube assembly ,Boost dependent FMU fuel regulator,Map sensor bypass valves ,Oil return assembly ,oil feed line,All necessary hardware and fittings ,All necessary hose and hose clamps ,All necessary gaskets , and of course TUNING (the way all kits run at full potential).

JDMAmbition

wow thx man. It's a 3rd gen drag kit that i'm buying off this guy so i'm assuming it comes with all of those?
But beyond that, do i need stuff like bigger brake conversions and etc??