turbo? supercharger?

96GSR

on a jackson racing supercharger can you turn up the boost? to gain power? or do you have to get a lighter fly wheel and better injectors? etc...how do you get more power? is this with ever supercharger?vortech???

GSRawe

96GSR said:
on a jackson racing supercharger can you turn up the boost? to gain power? or do you have to get a lighter fly wheel and better injectors? etc...how do you get more power? is this with ever supercharger?vortech???
I'm under the impression that every supercharger and turbocharger can be tuned for more boost... I don't think i'm wrong :???:

inline4four

I'll tea bag your face!!
the only way to turn up the boost on a JRSC is by getting another pulley thats made for a set boost level. currently JR has an 11psi pulley tops(maybe its 12?) they also offer a kit that has the upgraded pulley and tuned by a Hondata sysem. the Vortech I believe is the same? excpet the vortech sys. is a centrifigal supercharger while the JRSC is a roots type blower.

96GSR

ya becuase some guy told me that on jrsc you can only get more boost, by upgrading the pully and and injectors etc....how much do you think a jrsc should cost? everything you need? price used? and also iwith a jrsc do you have to tune the engine etc..?

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
if it was me i would save my money for a vortech charger or a procharger. atleast with vortech you can up the boost and it comes with an optional after cooler. Jrsc do not offer an aftercooler.(Aftercooler is to supercharger as intercooler is to turbocharger). i have seen 18psi of boost with a vortech blower.

inline4four

I'll tea bag your face!!
you dont need an after-cooler for a JRSC. just get a cold air intake.... JRSC's dont make enough heat to use an aftercooler. you could set up a water injection kit but then you have to alway have your water tank full. a JRSC kit to run 7psi is usually about $2500 goto www.jacksonracing.com. you only have to tune a JRSC if you plan on running high boost.

BoostedITR41

inline4four said:
you dont need an after-cooler for a JRSC. just get a cold air intake.... JRSC's dont make enough heat to use an aftercooler. you could set up a water injection kit but then you have to alway have your water tank full. a JRSC kit to run 7psi is usually about $2500 goto www.jacksonracing.com. you only have to tune a JRSC if you plan on running high boost.

they make a S**t load of heat but there is really no way to aftercool it. there is a company LHT performance that makes a Air to water IC for the JRSC and you should be able to find one for no more than 1500 used and use the extra 1000 to get a hondata and injectors

inline4four

I'll tea bag your face!!
not even close to a turbocharger. god man do you argue with everything? have you ever even used a JRSC????

96GSR

how much horsepower can a stock gsr or type r engine handle? in otherwords how much horsepower can the stock internals handle? or how much psi boost? if you have a turbo and its tuned with a AEM COMPUTER, isnt that one of the best computers to tune you car with?? right???

BoostedITR41

yes I have dealt with a JRSC on a few friends car and they create massive amounts of heat....with a turbo on my car it actually ran cooler.

as for the PSI. PSI doesn't mean a whole lot. with a JRSC you will never make it to the HP breaking point but heat and detonation will kill you in the long run. the rule of thumb is to keep it to about 300whp on stock internals. I was right around that mark last year and when we dissassembled my motor it looked brand new inside.

My opinion is go turbo. get an inline pro head gasket and block gaurd like I did. get some good injectors(720's or bigger) and a hondata. run 10-12psi daily and 15-17psi on race/pump gas mix

dc2nr

JRSC's create heat soak, LHT intercooler doesnt make extra hp, it only lowers temps but still doesnt make hp.

my JRSC running 2-3 hard runs sits at 200 degrees @ 10psi on the dyno.

if u want to auto cross or have a fun daily driver car with no hassles, supercharge it

if u wanna drag or do excessive amounts of speed, and invest in more motor work, turbo it

boths systems can create problems, turbos just have more of them.

jrsc's are good for autocrossing, road racing, and just pure fun accel, ive seen low 12's in street cars with superchargers.

turbos can push the limit, depending on ur setup and quality of parts.

inline4four

I'll tea bag your face!!
dc2nr said:
JRSC's create heat soak, LHT intercooler doesnt make extra hp, it only lowers temps but still doesnt make hp.

my JRSC running 2-3 hard runs sits at 200 degrees @ 10psi on the dyno.

if u want to auto cross or have a fun daily driver car with no hassles, supercharge it

if u wanna drag or do excessive amounts of speed, and invest in more motor work, turbo it

boths systems can create problems, turbos just have more of them.

jrsc's are good for autocrossing, road racing, and just pure fun accel, ive seen low 12's in street cars with superchargers.

turbos can push the limit, depending on ur setup and quality of parts.

200 degrees, you see, not even close to a turbo.

BoostedITR41

I ran my car at 1 bar of boost on pump gas daily for over 2 1/2 years on stock internals other than a head gasket and never had one issue.

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
BoostedITR41 said:
I ran my car at 1 bar of boost on pump gas daily for over 2 1/2 years on stock internals other than a head gasket and never had one issue.
isn't 1 bar of boost 15psi, but in the turbo thread you said you ran 14psi everyday and 17psi at the track. i don't know a lot about turbos i could be wrong.