turbocharged vs supercharged?

CHILD

all day all JDM
there's nothing wrong with either way.....you're just have a lowe limit of power if you dont rebuild first.
Having the patience to rebuild first is the hardest part.....most people look at the money they use on internals and think to themselves they could have been boosting already.

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
well i guess im leaning towards turbocharging. what about buying parts seperately? like buying the turbo and then the manifold that will fit. and then like a universal intercooler and piping. and then all the little stuff. do you think that would be any cheaper? or just too much of a pain in the ass?

CHILD

all day all JDM
A lot of times it can come out to be cheaper that way, usually because people are using junk yard parts. The hardest thing is just getting everything you need, or having a good quality part. It you do it part by part, make sure you get a reputable EMS at least.

ltrain

just realized that alot of people prefer turbo over super just because of that unmistakable bov sound but superchargers also utilize the bov...at least vortech does

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
i think the main thing with piecing it together though will be actually putting it on. because i wont have step by step instructions and it would be the 1st time putting one on. but actually i saw on a website that the average price of having one professionally installed is only about $300-$500. is that about right? cause that doesnt seem bad. im kinda iffy about doing a major upgrade like this myself

CHILD

all day all JDM
yeah thats about the average price for installation. If you search around online, there are a few how to's on installing turbo kits. I had one for the GReddy kit a while back but i've misplaced the link or deleted it.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Id rather do it myself. I like to make sure everything is there, and if I put it in I will no how to fix it if something goes wrong.

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
so what should i look for when buying one? i wanna be able to put in on a basically stock motor and mod it later. and i wanna keep the price down as much as i can... even if that means a turbo from a small manufacturer. (besides... sometimes you just have to try new companies). if i find a low priced kit ill post up a link or something... to see if its acceptable

CHILD

all day all JDM
the easiest way to do it (the way i did it with my civic) was look at a GReddy or other bolt on kit and make sure you get one of each thing it has