wanting to install a Nissan Versa stereo in an Accord, anybody think this would work?

pimphand-strong

what up fellas..

yep, you read correctly- i want to install a nissan versa stereo in my accord. it's a 2000 with the single disk CD, double din size.. i want an aux input, but i don't want an ugly, neon lighted, aftermarket stereo that doesn't match or looks like it was on fast and furious- i want it clean and factory looking. i also don't want to use on of those FM modulators/adaptors, i read they make noise and suck ass.

here's my proposal, let me know if you guys think it would work:: the versa has a double din size stereo and a built in aux input. the functionality would be ideal if i could get it to work.
i think if i get a wiring harness for my accord, and a harness for the versa stereo, that's my ticket. i can get the schematics for both sets of wiring, and connect the corresponding wires from the accord harness to the versa harness. that way i won't have to cut my factory harness or do any bootleg shit (well....)
i'm sure i would have to fabricate the actual mounting of the stereo, but i'm not worried about that.
is there something i'm missing here? it seems like it'd be fairly easy- the nissan stereo tells the honda wiring what to do, right? i'm assuming all the voltage/ohms are compatible..

this way i have a OEM (albeit, not honda) stereo in my car that has aux input functionality, without having some aftermarket looking junk.

thoughts???
8)

2kdb7

Most newer stereos have the same color wires for each part and most are actually labeled what they are for. I think it would be easier if you get one of the adapter kits from Walmart that's for your accord and match it up to the head unit.

94rs-gharp

Yeah if you match up all the wires you should be fine If you go the splicing route ( to have the nissan plug on the honda harness leave plenty of space when you do it (incase if you ever have to switch back to the honda harness or do go aftermarket) and use butt connectors they are easir and look cleaner than splicing wires and putting electrical tape onto it.

The Kev

Vtec? I have V-TAK! Son..
Orrr...You can go with the BOSE stereo system that is outfitted for the accord. Nice surround sound and has that"STOCK" look to it, no neon aftermarket looks.....

Ganyon

Well you could get any aftermarket radio and change your dash lights to match. Many of us on here have done that. Yes it is a little more work, but it looks amazing and looks completely stock, but cleaner.