Water in my trunk?

Sengalang

^ exactly.... if you cant do both, Grab a friend. Have one of you two sit in the car while the other spray w/ lots of water from the outside. Then try and source out the leak.

integraG5R

wow i thought this was just me. I still cant seem to find the problem but the taillights is where i suspected so time to do more investigating. Oh and it was so bad that it flooded all my back seats until someones like wtf why are your seats wet! i checked and my whole back was flooded and went underneath the interior. Took me 3 days to get all that water out and use a blow dryer to dry the interior lol

mmyk

I have the same problem with the tail light where can I get the gasket at?
For a few yrs now, I had to scoop out a pond of water from where the spare sits every few months. Once I removed the liner, it was pretty obvious that the taillight area was leaking as I saw a water trail mark under 1 of the holes that the taillight screw goes thru.

For the gasket, I went to a local Acura dealership. They ordered it for me and it arrived their Parts Shop next day. Price was actually cheaper than online places, and there weren't a lot of places selling this. I think the 1 or 2 online vendors I found were other Acura parts shops and they charge high shipping fee.

Last edited:

mmyk

^ exactly.... if you cant do both, Grab a friend. Have one of you two sit in the car while the other spray w/ lots of water from the outside. Then try and source out the leak.
Sounds like I'd have to lay in the trunk to see where the water comes from.

milano_red

Yep I found out the hard way. Now I have surface rust and a gutted interior

Sent from my EVO 3d using tapatalk