Water leaking into passenger side floorboard

Christian

I noticed a few days ago when it started raining that my passenger side floorboard/carpet was completely soaked.. so i went and dried it all up when it stopped raining and it was fine. Now, tonight it's raining again and my passenger floorboard was even more soaked than before, so i went and got it as dry as i could which took like 6 towels, and went back inside. 10 minutes later i went back outside and checked it and again.. it's soaked. Any ideas what it could be thats causing this? It's pretty damn frustrating.

96LSteg

Jemel
im dealing with this same issue in my G3 and have not been able to track it down...So far ive noticed that the kicker panel that covers the ECU is wet near the door which is leading me to believe that its a weather stripping issue. Ive been searching the net for weather strip for the sedan with no luck. if you have a coupe you should be able to find it with no problems (weather stripping). Hope this helps.

Heater core leak maybe. do you have anti freeze still level?
If it was the heater core that water would have smelled like coolant and he said it only happens when it rains. At first I thought that too until i read the part about the rain.

TheMyth

Sunroof hoses also goes down in the a-pillars and have the same boots as the rear, but exit at the door jam area/behind fender.

96LSteg

Jemel
sweet so you may have just found my leak!

Christian

It's not anti-freeze, i already smelled it. Yeah the water seems to deposit most around the plastic cover thats to the right of where your feet would be. So sunroof drain hose maybe? How would i go about fixing that?

Nick_C78

It wouldn't be the heater core if it only leaks when it rains. lol

And to fix it you locate the hose and either A unclog it, or B put it back on so it deposits water outside rather than inside. There should be plenty of DIY info online. it is hard to explain without showing you

Mango_Marauder

Late responce

Hey i hope you found your leak.
Regardless i picked up a 96 SE a few months ago and my passenger floor boards were filling up with "Rain Water"

It turned out to be the plastic plenum under the wiper arms.

I had to remove them, then the plenum, and cleaned and replaced the weather stripping.

here is a walk through. worked for me.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2548435

good luck