weird noise

ScruffleZ

99 teg jdm b20b
i got a jdm b20b with gsr tranny. when i start it up and its ideling it has a little bit of a miss. and i hear this ticking type of noise. idk if its always done that or its a problem. car seems to run fine. just bought it and its my first honda/acura. new to this stuff help would be appriciated. thanks

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
High compression or standard? Could be the wrong ecu for the engine to start.

Timing, vacuum, plugs, dizzy, plug wires.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Could be literally anything. Start with a general tune up and maintenance. - adjust valve lash, replace spark plugs, fuel filter, pcv, oil etc.

Nick_C78

Post a video. Lots of things "Tick". Could be valve lash, exhaust leak, dizzy bearings going out, hell it could just be your injectors.

ScruffleZ

99 teg jdm b20b
alright ill post a vid soon. taking it to humble performance in oklahoma. to have them take a look thanks for the info guys much appriciated

Muckman

Not a M0derator
lol why would you bother to post you found the issue but not post what the actual issue was?
Lunacy!

ScruffleZ

99 teg jdm b20b
hey why dont you chill out ronald. and it was one of my plugs was fucked and wouldnt stay in is waht made the noise. im new to all this so id appriciate it if you would settle down cheif

ScruffleZ

99 teg jdm b20b
love that picture. and yea the plug part on the top was just screwed up so i just got a whole new set of plugs and wires fixed the problem thanks guys. ronald why dont you do us all a favor and do like the pictures shows

Nick_C78

ScruffleZ, just so you know...Muckman is one of the smartest ones on this site, especially when it comes to tech info and diagnostic. We just get a lot of people asking questions without decriptions. The same people also ignore our advice constantly and still ask again. So patience wears thin.

Also he is right, you should have posted what was wrong.