Wet Shot or Dry Shot of Nitrous, what's safer?

ltrain

Wet Shot Or Dry Shot Of 50 Nos Whats Safer

95 Gs-r Daily Drivin Whats Safer To Go With The Wet Shot Of Nos Or Dry??

Baldy201

None.

haha, Wet is safer since it has its own fuel supply and has less of a chance to run lean.

inline4four

I'll tea bag your face!!
nitrous is not bad baldy. its just liquid boost. god I hate it when misinformed people say nitrous is bad. itrain get a wet kit, a fuel pump, and stainless valves and you will be fine using a 75 shot. I speak from experience on this one.

98itrallmotor

Nitrous can be bad in the longterm of an engine. Constant nitrous use can damage the internals. The safest way to go is a wet kit that is installed right.

KaosTheory

DSMER
Nitrous can be fun but will fuck you over in the end if you use it too much, i wouldnt recommend it but if you do, go wet.
(R.I.P. B-17)

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Can someone define the difference between wet and dry? I've never been interested in putting nitrous in my ride, so I've never done my homework on it, but I'm interested in the difference between the two...

speedin

The Transporter
(might be worng) wet is when its a liquid going right in with your fuel to the engine. dry goes in with the incomming air as a gas and (cools) the air mainly. but will also cause a stronger combustion.

Baldy201

speedin said:
(might be worng) wet is when its a liquid going right in with your fuel to the engine. dry goes in with the incomming air as a gas and (cools) the air mainly. but will also cause a stronger combustion.
So close. You are right about the Dry part. The Dry part is also a liquid, they call it dry because it does not inject more gas. The wet shot has two nossles one for N20 and another for gas. When the button is pressed it injects a set amount of gas and N20. There are diffrent amounts of gas and N20 for the size you of shot you want(50, 75, 100, 150).

inline4four

I'll tea bag your face!!
boost is bad in long term use too though. seriously though if you want your car to run forever then dont mod it period. any kind of high performance mod will wear a motor down faster than normal.

speedin

The Transporter
yea i know im completely against it also, just trying to answer a ?. but yea do anything to your car u want, but if your smart you wont spray! just my opinon.

Chuckie Finster

inline4four said:
nitrous is not bad baldy. its just liquid boost. god I hate it when misinformed people say nitrous is bad. itrain get a wet kit, a fuel pump, and stainless valves and you will be fine using a 75 shot. I speak from experience on this one.
inline4four said:
boost is bad in long term use too though. seriously though if you want your car to run forever then dont mod it period. any kind of high performance mod will wear a motor down faster than normal.
Thank you inline4four.

It's not nitrous that's bad for their engine. It's dumb people that's bad (not saying anyone here is). So Mad Max tries to jet a 150 shot through his stock D15 and blows it up, then gets mad and blames the nitrous when he hasn't taken the time to upgrade the fuel pump, retard timing, build the internals and monitor engine operating parameters. Not to mention being realistic about how much N20 you're USING as opposed to how much WANT. 150 shot on say a D15, even built, is stretching it.

WERD, if you want your engine to run forever don't mod your car. Modern nitrous injection is a great way to go fast (for cheap) and pretty darn safe. And provided you use some common sense, won't take away from the life of youre engine any more than that hot turbo kit you just put on. Just ask your musclecar friends (or was that fiend?), most of them prefer nitrous over any other power adder.

Now my take on it, get the wet kit. Yes, that is where the "wet" comes from--from the injection of fuel as well. The dry kit only injects nitrous and relies on the engine management or user to provide extra fuel. They all have their ups and downs. The dry system, possibly more than any other is it's simplicity to hook up. While the wet system is safer than the dry (not much harder to hook up if you ask me) and easier to hook up than a direct port. The safest route would be direct port, although I do not believe direct port jets go as low as a 50 shot.

A single nozzle wet kit injects both nitrous and fuel just upstream of the IM, but since the IM was never made to distribute a liquid (i.e. fuel). Plus the nitrous, once out of the hoses becomes a gas, followins slightly different flow characteristics, so proper nitrous and fuel distribution may not be optimized. The end result: some cylinders may not get enough fuel and others, too much--you're not making the maximum use of all the nitrous and some cylinders will be more prone to detonation. Direct port, on the other hand, if you're using a 4-banger (duh?) has four separate nozzles dedicated to injecting both fuel and nitrous into one of the four IM runners. The end result is better control over fuel/nitrous distribution, safer operation and more power to name a few. The downside is that you have to drill holes into your IM. Something NOS has come up with to fix this are the new NOSzles, which slip under the fuel injectors and injects nitrous and fuel (from it's own supply still, of course) when activated. While not affecting fuel injector operation in any way. I think there still may be a possible problem, however, since the NOSzles slip under the injectors may pose a clearance issue and possibly disruption of fuel atomization of the injectors. Just a thought and probably more than you really wanted to know about direct port.

Yah, go with a wet fogger system--it's the safer of the two (dry or wet). You may (or may not) need an ignition retard device (you might get away w/o one if you stick to a small dose of nitrous <55). Also, you should really consider some toys to monitor air/fuel ratio, a FPR and a knock sensor. Since nitrous likes to produce the most power right before detonation. As you lean out the A/F ratios (from a rich state), you'll see more and more power gains w/o changing jets, until....BOOM. :twisted: So just like every other mod, it takes tuning to maximize the fun and remember, just like every other mod, improper installation and tuning will take away from the life of your engine. So take the time to do it RIGHT and you'll be grinning from ear to ear. *Pardon the essay* PEACE OUT, YO!

inline4four

I'll tea bag your face!!
POW!! its like that. I'm glad to see that not only I feel a fondness towards nitrous oxide. your welcome chuckie thanks for writing that so I didnt have to!

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Chuckie Finster said:
It's not nitrous that's bad for their engine. It's dumb people that's bad (not saying anyone here is). So Mad Max tries to jet a 150 shot through his stock D15 and blows it up, then gets mad and blames the nitrous when he hasn't taken the time to upgrade the fuel pump, retard timing, build the internals and monitor engine operating parameters.
This is EXACTLY why people have so many misconceptions about turbo's. Because there are so many people that attempt to install one as inexpensivley as possible, cutting corners here and there, and they end up with a blown engine and blame the turbo when it was in fact their own cheap, dumb ass that caused it to happen, not the turbo. This is where the "high compression is bad for boost" line of BS stems from. It's a myth brought about by uneducated people doing half-ass turbo installs and reaping the consequences of their own idiocy, and they have to find something else to blame. Nitrous' reputation has suffered the same fate, it seems.

I just wanted to point that out, but anyway, I think I learned more in this one post than I have reading all the other posts I've ever read on this site put together! I'm usually only doling out the info. on the topics I know about on this site, which is fine by me, it's what I like to do for you guys/gals :) Well done, Chuck.

inline4four

I'll tea bag your face!!
TegSox said:
This is EXACTLY why people have so many misconceptions about turbo's. Because there are so many people that attempt to install one as inexpensivley as possible, cutting corners here and there, and they end up with a blown engine and blame the turbo when it was in fact their own cheap, dumb ass that caused it to happen, not the turbo. This is where the "high compression is bad for boost" line of BS stems from. It's a myth brought about by uneducated people doing half-ass turbo installs and reaping the consequences of their own idiocy, and they have to find something else to blame. Nitrous' reputation has suffered the same fate, it seems.

I just wanted to point that out, but anyway, I think I learned more in this one post than I have reading all the other posts I've ever read on this site put together! I'm usually only doling out the info. on the topics I know about on this site, which is fine by me, it's what I like to do for you guys/gals :) Well done, Chuck.
so damn true. I keep telling everyone this but noooooo I4 doesnt know anything does he.....