What alarm should I get?

simplels

viper 5704 is nice.. 2 way pager alarm, will let you know when your alarm goes off, and auto start.. 1 mile range..

bkirshr

User that is Registered
I agree with Viper. They are a good name. I have a python alarm system (viper knock off). I was going to get a Viper, but I couldn't pass up alarm, auto start, and keyless entry for $210 installed

simplels

FYI: you guys know that the viper 5704 is the new version of the viper 5901..
only difference is it has an external shock sensor which is better than the 5901 since the sock sensor is built into the 5901's brain.

and the same company makes python alarms.. DEI.. so not really a knock off or anything..

BeatBox

Real Good!
and the same company makes python alarms.. DEI.. so not really a knock off or anything..
that ^ ^ ^

are you looking fro alarm and remote start or just alarm?
i had this one on my integra and loved it, just alarm tho
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_20216_Viper-Responder-350-P-N-3305V.html

only thing is get an extra shock sensor if u want it to be more sensitive or dont want anyone getting close to ur car

my gf just got me this one

and like mentioned its basically the same as a viper just paying for the logo the parts all come from the same place

Last edited:

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
You don't have to get the high-end variant. An entry level Viper/Python/Clifford/Hornet is just as secure as the models that add remote start and 2 way paging.

The most important thing is the installation. Standard installs just don't cut it if you live in a major metropolitan area.