what are good lowering springs.. that dont bounce

jdmgsr04

ok i know i did some post now..ok i own a 97 Integra GS-R the mods i have is buddy club Spec III exhaust and AEM V-2 cold air intake. now im looking to do suspension. well i was thing about getting Tien coilover but there like 600 bucks. so im deciding on getting some lowering springs now i heard from some people with integra. that they make ur car bounce, i was wondering if i can find some springs that dont bounce

Baldy201

Springs dont make your car bounce, bad shocks make your car bounce. any spring will be fine, just make sure you get shocks to match, then you will not bounce

Baldy201

correction, i have aftermarket springs and i dont bounce at all. it all depends on spring rates and drop.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
springs are meant to set the car at a specific height and to help with the large bumps. Shocks are meant to help absorb the shock that the springs would send to the cabin. blown shocks = bumpy ride. worn springs = riding in the ocean up and down up and down etc.

if you get springs, the best thing to do is get some decent shocks with them.

hyper98gsr

i had brand new oem shocks/struts and neuspeed race(2.50") springs. the car bounced like a beach ball AND i still felt every rock on the rode. hell, i felt the yellow line.

slikk

Money Getter
reading this post reminds me of a game a dodge ball.

bounce this bounce that are u all still talking about cars?

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
Originally posted by "hyper98gsr"

i had brand new oem shocks/struts and neuspeed race(2.50") springs. the car bounced like a beach ball AND i still felt every rock on the rode. hell, i felt the yellow line.
i wonder why you were bouncy?!?

did you cut the bump stop at all?

darius

the best springs to go with is eibach prokit ,not to low and has no bounce and also still gives you the lowered look and isnt sloppy or you can try the sportlines for a little bit lower drop, i think 1.75 or something like that nothing to low i have them on my 4door ls :-D

Baldy201

hyper98gsr said:
It is because of the shock/struts. The spring rate is to high for the shocks to stop the bouncing. dispite popular belief, the shocks dont do anything to soften the ride. what they do is stop the springs from bouncing. If you take off the shocks on your car your car will bounce forever. The shocks are there to prevent the eternal bouncing of the springs and get it ready for the net bump.

hyper98gsr

Baldy201 said:
It is because of the shock/struts. The spring rate is to high for the shocks to stop the bouncing. dispite popular belief, the shocks dont do anything to soften the ride. what they do is stop the springs from bouncing. If you take off the shocks on your car your car will bounce forever. The shocks are there to prevent the eternal bouncing of the springs and get it ready for the net bump.
that is what i am saying, just more words. basically if you lower your car too much on your stock shocks/struts, you will get THE BOUNCE.

RAINONEizm

I dont know,my 96 is pretty damn low and I gots no bounce,nor do I feel all the bumps in the road.alot true,but not all of them.
I used to have it lower than it is now but it was getting really hard going in and out of driveways,and whatnot.a soda can couldnt even roll onder the front!
I even got pulled over one time and the sheriff was all telling me that I was probably way out of specs.but I got of witha warning.
so I lifted the front end a hair(coilovers)and prob solved.still gotta be cautious tho,but not as much.

just bake sure whatever you get,dont get the drag suspension,or anything with 'drag' in name.then you get ALL the bumps.unless you dont like your cd player.then go for it.

SxySlammedTeggy

i have Ground Control coil overs and Im all the way down on em...I do have stock shocks but suprisingly its not all that bumpy... i get more tire rub then bumpyness lol... and i have a hell of a time getting in and out of my driveway... anyway i have ground controls and koni yellows on my old car... and i liked it alot... i guess it just depends on what your price range is... :D

RAINONEizm

yeah I get more rub also,special on the passenger side cuz that is usually the side I got to pull into a fastfood spot on...but I guessI could camber in a touch on that side..ill take a look