what are some good headers?

DownShift96GSR

DC. I have the 4-2-1 but my engine is VTEC so I'm not too sure if the 4-2-1 is good for your engine. Go to the ENGINE TECH forum or even search and you might find yor answer there.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
i'm going for the Stainless Steel ones...mang hey are sexy, i'm trying to decided between the Comptech 4-2 or the DC Sport 4-2-1; difference of 100 bucks, the Comptech is $513 and the DC is $409...i have to do a little be more research and see which one is best for my engine

95teg

im sure this has been answered..but i hate when people tell me to search so im not going to tell you...everyone is going to say DC and Comptech..they are both very nice. i guess it dependson what your looking for.. all headers offer different things. low end or top end?..so i guess you kind of look around for what you want from your car? i have chikara no one has heard of them they are made by heddman which is a large domestic exhaust comp. i picked them up for a little more than $200 i belive, they are painted so no they dont look to cool..which they are actually turning rusty.. but i love the gains i got from them.. so like i said its kind of an on your own idea. you can ask other people what they prefer or what they have gained..hope that helped you out!!!

BoostedITR41

get 4-1 headers you will regret the 4-2-1 set up....I went from a comptech 4-2-1 header to a DC JDM ITR header and picked up a good 2mph in the 1/4

Baldy201

DO you have a plan for your engine? Do you know what your are trying to accomplish? People will tell you there idea what is a good header for there car and setup. Unless you want to be a poser then go a head and copy them and all that they have. You get what you pay for. Tell us where you want your power then we can make a decient header decision for you.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
sticks and stone will break my bones, but words will neva hurt me 8) mean ass sly :D

just do some research on the items ur buying, always know wat ur gonna buy, wat are the pro's and con's how they help and so forth, if ur unsure bout it, then keep looking.

Todd

token ex-mod
BoostedITR41 said:
get 4-1 headers you will regret the 4-2-1 set up....I went from a comptech 4-2-1 header to a DC JDM ITR header and picked up a good 2mph in the 1/4
isnt your car turbo'd?
what are you doing with that JDM ][TR header? wanna sell it? :mrgreen:

SlyDC2

MoJoJoJo said:
sticks and stone will break my bones, but words will neva hurt me 8) mean ass sly :D

just do some research on the items ur buying, always know wat ur gonna buy, wat are the pro's and con's how they help and so forth, if ur unsure bout it, then keep looking.

you love me :clap:

gunnersmatevls

the dc sports 4-2-1 design works good, it gives u more low end torque, the 4-1 design gives u more in the top end. but both are good. im going with the 4-2-1 because i have a shortie intake which gives me more top end than a cold air, so the 4-2-1 will help with the low end.

Integra_Lucky7

I Would go wit the 4-2-1 because think about it its DC they know what they do then again comptech ain't so bad look itz all bout research do what u feelin

Questions like this only u can answer

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
gunnersmatevls said:
im going with the 4-2-1 because i have a shortie intake which gives me more top end than a cold air, so the 4-2-1 will help with the low end.
That's not how it works. Every engine part, from the intake to the muffler, work TOGETHER as a SYSTEM to make power. It not: part A =X, part B=Y so X+Y=Z? no. That's the Lego Building mentality, don't be down about it, I use to think the same way, and we sure as hell aern't the only 2! :)
But don't get me wrong, your parts aern't necessarily working against each other right now, it depends on what else you've done to your car. If all you've done so far is a shortie and the 4-2-1, the difference between a shortie and a CAI will be next to nothing. But future parts will start having a larger effect on where your powerband will be, where your peak TQ and HP numbers will land and how harmoniously they work together to create the maximum amount of horsies and...uuuhh...torquies.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your post aznspik, but I wanted to correct that statement so people know better.

BTW, listen to Baldy...

Last edited: