What climate control LED intensity should I go with?

GSRawe

LED intensity

I'm replacing the lights in my climate control with red led's. My question, will the 3500 mcd be bright enough or should I go with the 8000 mcd... or even the 12000 mcd.

Note: I do not want it to be too bright, just bright enough to see.

speedin

The Transporter
the bulbs in climate control are very rare to find. check this out for the climate control here is a LINK . heres a hint, on the buttons (once their out)push the plastic piece (with the people on it)from the back and it will pop out. this makes it much easyer to apply tape. also dont use the plastic bag, use wax paper! their u go

GSRawe

speedin said:
the bulbs in climate control are very rare to find. check this out for the climate control here is a LINK . heres a hint, on the buttons (once their out)push the plastic piece (with the people on it)from the back and it will pop out. this makes it much easyer to apply tape. also dont use the plastic bag, use wax paper! their u go
OR... I can do it the right way and replace the 4 stock bulbs with the led's, no tape required.
I already have the climate control and 4 bulbs out, so all I need now is a quick answer on what intensity LED's I should get, I'm on the website i found right now, and am ready to buy.

I'll post a how to when I'm done.

Last edited:

speedin

The Transporter
let me see that link to find the right bulbs, btw color may be off by just changing bulbs, u know those "condoms" on the dash light bubls? well those "condoms" are painted on the back of each button. and its a blue tint, so it might affect color.

speedin

The Transporter
what are the sizes? i would rather have the bulbs then the tape. more color choices too

GSRawe

speedin said:
what are the sizes? i would rather have the bulbs then the tape. more color choices too
I have no clue what the stock sizes are, I bought a 1.5 mcd led light from radio shack, and it wasn't bright enough, it was a little too big, but it fit in all the holes, i think it was a 5mm, i think the 3mm bulb will be too small... I'm going to buy 4 of each (5 & 3) just incase though. as I said, I'll post a how to as soon as i'm finished, because it took me FOREVER to find those bulbs, but it was similar to replacing the ones behind the spedomiter (which i did in 5 minutes thanks to the how to). Unfortunently I had to do a guess and check on this one, bc I couldn't find a how to on replacing those bulbs ANYWHERE.

So what intensity should i get?

GSRawe

speedin said:
go for the highest intensity b/c remember u can dim the lights down not higher.
I went for theRL5-R8030 and the RL3-R5030... $10, hope it works.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
yes i would like to kno also...i'm thinking about changing the entire lighting in my show rsx, but dont kno where to start or how to do it. i wanna go hyper white or something, i already change the lil stuff that i can, like dome lights etc...i would like to change the rest aswell, please keep me updated

GSRawe

I went with the 3mm 5000mcd but also got the 5mm 8000mcd incase the 3mm was too small or vice versa.

I don't think it's the same in the RSX, but you can try, to change the bulbs in a gen 3, it's just like changing the ones in the spedomiter, but you take out the climate control console, and twist out the 4 bulbs. These arn't wedge bulbs, so you have to take a knife or something, and ply them off of the mount, and twist the new ones on the same way.

as I said, i'll put together a how to when I get the bulbs.