What do you guys think? UCA..

dlo253

Alright, I'd like to get some other opinions before I start buying stuff. I'm gonna be picking up a Koni/GC setup, extended tophats in front.. So I figure I better just do all the suspension stuff I need to while it's apart. Right now I have an egay front camber kit that came on the car. Not really liking that, and they are noisy as hell so bushings need to get replaced anyways. Trying to figure out If I want to get new bushings and ball joints and keep the camber kit, or get OEM UCA's... I plan on keeping my ride height similar to what it is. Realistically I probly don't really NEED the camber kit. And there wouldn't be much of a price gap between the two choices.. Help me choose. Thanks guys.

Swerve

Shawn
Alright, I'd like to get some other opinions before I start buying stuff. I'm gonna be picking up a Koni/GC setup, extended tophats in front.. So I figure I better just do all the suspension stuff I need to while it's apart. Right now I have an egay front camber kit that came on the car. Not really liking that, and they are noisy as hell so bushings need to get replaced anyways. Trying to figure out If I want to get new bushings and ball joints and keep the camber kit, or get OEM UCA's... I plan on keeping my ride height similar to what it is. Realistically I probly don't really NEED the camber kit. And there wouldn't be much of a price gap between the two choices.. Help me choose. Thanks guys.

Well Im not too awful low and my sk2 camber bottoms out crazy hard. Im about to have holes on my engine bay.

So I recommend against sk3. Honestly, when your order your GC, just call to order and ask them these questions. They'll know.

Last edited:

aredbb2

I've been on stock UCA's for 8k miles and my tread wear is even with -2.1° camber. Just get an alignment after you lower it. You don't need to use an adjustable UCA, plus the ball joins on those are questionable to say the least as you already know.

dlo253

Not enough perhaps? Haha...sk2 has nothing to do with my choices so I def won't get tricked into that.. I have a camber kit on the car, trying to decide if I want to replace the bushings and ball joints on the camber kit which is on my car... or get OEM UCAs. Just wanted to see what others would do if their car came with a camber kit that needs bushings. Lol....

Ryan659

Since you have eGay parts, I say OEM. then, if you decide you want a camber kit you can buy a better brand. Are you going to slam the car? Your car already looks lowered.

dlo253

Nah, like I said I'm going to keep the height similar to what it is right now.. at this height I doubt a camber kit is even needed. Previous owner was slowly but surely ricing her out so he got the camber kit lol. I mean its honestly pretty solid but the bushings and ball joints is where they fail to impress, as expected. I could always get a better branded ball joint that would work with it but who knows if it even uses the stock bushings.. either way the kit will have to come out, may as well save the hassle.

Ryan659

Well if you think it's solid and haven't had problems with it besides what you mentioned and can find bushings and ball joint to fit it then thumbs up :) I don't know if you can buy OEM ball joints separate from the UCA though. Doesn't really sound like you can go really wrong either way.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Lol at all the not reading :p
I would say go stock for now, I am lower than you and I haven't had much wear with my OEM UCAs so you should be fine for sure.

dlo253

Haha thanks bro, that's what I was looking for... I will probly end up going oem then. Because I can't go any lower due to the places I have to drive everyday..