What Integra should I get for a turbo setup?

misplacedcivic

mist3r Lin said:
With a $5k spending limit you're not going to be able to get a GSR and turbo it.

My recommendation is to find an LS b18b1 block and if you have money leftover to check out www.homemadeturbo.com and see how they make diy turbokits for next to nothing.

Do your homework
good call on mistr3's part. i rarely find a 94 or newer LS or RS for less than 5k. that homemade turbo kit makes it easier to keep prices down........ :rocker:

blackgsr

this is it

JDM_TypeR said:
hi im planning to get an Integra (DC2) 94' or up. my price range is $5,000 max. so far, ive only found 94 or 95 LS, RS, or GS. i was planning to get a GSR but i dont think i can find a decent one for my price range. I often hear that LS's are better to turbo than GSR's because or their compression ratios, LS's being "Low Compression". so now im planning to get an LS. my question is: " what would be my best bet??" options...
LS (B18b1) w/ Turbo, LS VTEC w/ Turbo, or GSR (B18c1) w/ Turbo?? even though the LS can handle more boost, would it still be faster/ better than a GSR with 8 psi of boost and VTEC? should i get a LS or LS VTEC with the Turbo setup? is it good to have VTEC in a Turbo setup or no? please reply. thanks. im doing as much research as i can before i go out and buy the car. i have 5 G's right now in my car budget. please reply.
i would go with the ls/vtec turbo.the ls/vtec already puts out good power in a light car. u put a turbo on it & it will fly.